Doctor Who!

Basilisa Marie

IcePrincessKRS

Also, Rose is the best Companion. Fact.

You can't really accurately judge that unless you've seen them all. :P

PhuturePriest

You can't really accurately judge that unless you've seen them all. :P

No one beats a pretty blonde.

"Suppose we were puzzled to hear that some men said he was too tall and some too short; some objected to his fatness, some lamented his leanness; some thought him too dark and some too fair. One explanation… would be that he might be an odd shape. But there is another explanation. He might be the right shape."

Haha what you bolded probably seems like it would contradict itself, but you CAN be a zany superficially...and to me thats all she was. There was no depth to her character. She is just a crazy loud mouth.

CatholicsAreKewl

Haha what you bolded probably seems like it would contradict itself, but you CAN be a zany superficially...and to me thats all she was. There was no depth to her character. She is just a crazy loud mouth.

Don't make me post more chesterton quotes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKxHQZ78no

My favorite companion from Classic Who was Romana (after her regeneration) and Donna Noble in the new Series. Donna was brave even when terrified. 

ROMANA! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (However I liked her most before her regeneration.)

We are best friends. I LOVED Romana from the classic series! She was by far my favorite. I loved her chemistry with the 4th doctor! It was hilarious!

I also adored Donna as well. 

Basilisa Marie

The 50th would be better if Clara wasnt in it.

Judging by your avatar I know youll disagree, but Clara is my least favorite companion by far. Maybe its not entirely her fault, but her story line seemed so shunted to me.

I also just dont like how zany she is. Its as if they were trying to have the companion compete with the doctor....it was just too much!

She is just a dry character to me. :unsure:

I think that's because Moffat has mishandled her storyline.  When we meet a new companion, it's best to spend time actually exploring the show from her perspective.  He spent too much time on the Doctor's problems and perspective when Clara was introduced, so we never truly began to get to know her until halfway through her first run as companion.  He sort of did the same thing with Amy, but both characters were new then so it worked better.  Not really knowing who Clara was until the finale messed things up, and made her actions in the finale seem to lack enough motivation, if that makes sense.  We only got glimpses of her, her perspective, etc, no real storylines like with any other companion.  

I'm hoping with the 12th Doctor we'll start to see some actual character development from her. I think she has a ton of potential to be interesting, but they haven't made use of it yet.

I agree completely. 

However was her weird past resolved in the finale from season 7?

[spoiler]She basically didnt exist really...because she jumped into the Doctors TIme line to save him she was ripped apart and fragmented across all of time with the sole purpose of saving him over and over again...which I thought was kind of a lame plot since we already identified Donna as doing that. Can we have a companion that does something else? 

But after the Doctor saved her, does her time line become stable again? Is she now back to Clara the human? Or is she still fragmented all over?[/spoiler]

ROMANA! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (However I liked her most before her regeneration.)

We are best friends. I LOVED Romana from the classic series! She was by far my favorite. I loved her chemistry with the 4th doctor! It was hilarious!

I also adored Donna as well. 

Aww, thanks!

I keep hoping they'll bring Romana back. As a Timelady, this would be easy enough. Though looking at the Master, the writers don't seem to have too much trouble bringing dead people back - constantly. :D 

I can't remember anyone more annoying than Peri Brown. 

Clara's alright, hopefully she'll stick around long enough to develop her character. 

Anyone else curious to see how they'll continue the series after he's regenerated for the last time?