An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

I don't think it's angry, i believe it to be arrogance got my fair share of it and held my ground, now no one talks to me. 

It's that most of the time, no one understands what you're on about.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

It's that most of the time, no one understands what you're on about.

Old news to me bro. Find some other bruise to punch.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I think i have a few more bruises that need punching to feel real pain, keep doing it please, makes me look inside and become more holy.

No joke, true story. :)

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

Old news to me bro. Find some other bruise to punch.

You don't bother me. That wasn't a punch, just an observation.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Winchester,hopefully I'm here to help the U.S clean up the mess from the ww1 and 2 victory party, lace up your work boots. I hope your willing to help Australian catholic christians do the same,we partied to much too(i am spreading phatmass among Christians in my home town.). And this includes ridding ourselves of to much fantasy. Back to the threshing floor i say. I think eminem said " Snap there goes gravity, back to reality." We have alot of cleaning up to do bro, europe,u.k., canada, u.s.a, new zealand and australia. Lets work together on this.

Basilisa Marie

As an FYI, I've seen posts on CAF implying that if such lying is done to deceive someone into marrying him/her, it could be grounds for annullment on the basis of fraud or deceit.  

You might be right. :) I literally just took a class on canon law, and we spent a lot of time on marriage and annulment rules, and tricking someone into marriage by lying about something important is potential grounds for annulment, but it depends on what the lied-about thing is and what other factors are included in the case.  I don't think something like virginity would be enough, because it doesn't have to do with the essential elements of marriage or the ability to consent (lying about wanting kids, lying about previous marriage, lying about mental illness, etc, are all grounds).  But all the same, that's why I said "BEFORE" the wedding, instead of after. :)  Just in case.  

Winchester,hopefully I'm here to help the U.S clean up the mess from the ww1 and 2 victory party, lace up your work boots. I hope your willing to help Australian catholic christians do the same,we partied to much too(i am spreading phatmass among Christians in my home town.). And this includes ridding ourselves of to much fantasy. Back to the threshing floor i say. I think eminem said " Snap there goes gravity, back to reality." We have alot of cleaning up to do bro, europe,u.k., canada, u.s.a, new zealand and australia. Lets work together on this.

I don't like work.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I don't like work.

Martha's work is very important to our LORD, her fussing isn't.

Basilisa Marie

Things I have learned in this thread:

BG45 is a dude. 

Winchester has finally found the most appropriate avatar for himself. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And polski, i guess i just hope your open to the will of God on this and not your own will. Again i think it is fine for you to desire another virgin to marry, but stay open also to the possibility it may be the will of GOD that you help a prodigal to stay home and not leave again or a lost sheep that never actually left the fold is just a bit confused or something. And the priesthood or missionary brother even. :) just stay open to the will of GOD. I can't discern that for you.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

well i mean not soley on your own will. God wills all things we desire that are good,scripture says so, the hard thing is discerning whether or not what we desire is good for us. Sometimes what is good for us isn't so cut and dry, and if your thinking well the orthodox in me says well i must marry a virgin, prodigals and lost sheep have always played a part in the holy catholic church. And i'm not arguing that sex is better left untill after marriage for many reasons.

CatholicsAreKewl

You might be right. :) I literally just took a class on canon law, and we spent a lot of time on marriage and annulment rules, and tricking someone into marriage by lying about something important is potential grounds for annulment, but it depends on what the lied-about thing is and what other factors are included in the case.  I don't think something like virginity would be enough, because it doesn't have to do with the essential elements of marriage or the ability to consent (lying about wanting kids, lying about previous marriage, lying about mental illness, etc, are all grounds).  But all the same, that's why I said "BEFORE" the wedding, instead of after. :)  Just in case.  

I heard a rumor that one can annul a marriage if his/her partner is barren. Is that true?

I heard a rumor that one can annul a marriage if his/her partner is barren. Is that true?

Only sort of. If you have had your tubes tied or some such (which is normally an impediment to marriage) and conceal it, then yes. Otherwise, no.

Virginity issues aside, as a general note I find this statement to be very sad from a Catholic/Christian perspective.  Jesus said something about where your heart is, there your treasure lies.  It's very interesting to see where many Catholics' hearts are when seeking a spouse. 

The passage about "where your heart is, there your treasure will be," was the gospel we chose for our Nuptial Mass! I love it and my husband and I read it to each other all the time :)

What I mean is that just because someone is a "good person" - kind, nice to babies and animals, striving for holiness - does not mean they would make a good spouse.

I knew a lot of these types of guys in my unmarried days. Many of them in spite of being catechized Catholics had distorted ideas about sexuality that they would have brought into the marriage. While maybe it's mostly down to maturity issues... honestly, some of them needed secular therapy IMO. One of my few IRL Catholic friends married one of these gentlemen who has a lot of problems with guilt and shame and it has affected their marriage very badly. To the point that it was technically an unconsummated marriage for several months. That part has been solved, but now she is noticing how his attitude affects how he treats her and it's chipping away at her self esteem.

OP, some of the members here would meet your requirements i think.

Norseman has been waiting decades for you, faithfully. And he likes long walks on the beach, and pina coladas.