An Old School Catholic Message Board

Finding Other Catholic Virgins?

polskieserce

HisChildForever

Do you honestly think that jumping all over Polskieserce and telling people who are making the effort to do things the right way not to worry about sex after he had his fun is repentant? 

The issue is not his desire to marry a virgin, but his DEMANDING to marry a virgin, and his lumping all single (never-married) non-virgin women into the same category. 

Quite frankly, the underlying attitude of the OP seems to be that he just really wants to be the first one "there" - if you know what I mean. And that a woman who's already permitted (or been FORCED) "entrance" is stained, dirty, leftovers, whatever-other-insulting-description-you-can-think-of. 

CatholicsAreKewl

The issue is not his desire to marry a virgin, but his DEMANDING to marry a virgin, and his lumping all single (never-married) non-virgin women into the same category. 

Quite frankly, the underlying attitude of the OP seems to be that he just really wants to be the first one "there" - if you know what I mean. And that a woman who's already permitted (or been FORCED) "entrance" is stained, dirty, leftovers, whatever-other-insulting-description-you-can-think-of. 

Lol, guys get so territorial over vulvas. I'm starting to understand why women would pay money for hymen reconstruction surgery. 

Edited by CatholicsAreKewl

Really man? REALLY? So, repentance doesn't count if you enjoyed yourself when you committed a sin? Well, let's all be on our marry way to hell then, arm in arm. 

This idea is genuinely disgusting. Please give it up. 

No, I don't consider a person repentant if he gives grief to others for wanting to partake legally that which he himself has partaken of illegally.  At least that's how his post came off as.  If wants to come back and apologize and clarify, I'll withdraw my objection, but until then the ball is in his court. 

No, I don't consider a person repentant if he gives grief to others for wanting to partake legally that which he himself has partaken of illegally.  At least that's how his post came off as.  If wants to come back and apologize and clarify, I'll withdraw my objection, but until then the ball is in his court. 

Wait a minute: You're saying that it's OK for a man to objectify a woman (by giving love conditionally on account of her virginity or lack therof) because he does it inside of a marriage, but it's simultaneously not OK to objectify a woman (by giving love conditionally on account of her virginity or lack therof) because he did it outside of a marriage?

You make no sense.

FYI, someone tipped me off to the OP's posting history on CAF.

Unless OP is indeed genuine, I think we may have all been masterfully trolled. ;)

source: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=561434

Or maybe people here made him feel unwelcome and drove him away?  I'd high-tail it out of a place if the minute I joined I was made to feel unwelcome. 

Wait a minute: You're saying that it's OK for a man to objectify a woman (by giving love conditionally on account of her virginity or lack therof) because he does it inside of a marriage, but it's simultaneously not OK to objectify a woman (by giving love conditionally on account of her virginity or lack therof) because he did it outside of a marriage?

You make no sense.

Stop twisting my words.  I never said anything about objectifying a woman. 

Please take a basic reading comprehension course.

Or maybe people here made him feel unwelcome and drove him away?  I'd high-tail it out of a place if the minute I joined I was made to feel unwelcome. 

:huh: I'm not sure I believe you.

People have dealbreakers.  For some, it is employment; for others, smoking is a deal-breaker. 

From what I remember you got married (correct me if I'm wrong); did you have "dealbreakers"?

HisChildForever

FYI, someone tipped me off to the OP's posting history on CAF.

Unless OP is indeed genuine, I think we may have all been masterfully trolled. ;)

source: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=561434

To be fair, that's from 2 years ago. Although it does seem like he's gone to the other extreme.

I'm skimming through the thread - OP had a girlfriend 2 years ago. hmm.

But overall there's a common theme in his posts here and there - condescension toward women.

HisChildForever

People have dealbreakers.  For some, it is employment; for others, smoking is a deal-breaker. 

From what I remember you got married (correct me if I'm wrong); did you have "dealbreakers"?

I'm not married.

Do you honestly think that jumping all over Polskieserce and telling people who are making the effort to do things the right way not to worry about sex after he had his fun is repentant? 

Considering I am a virgin as well, and I "making the effort to do things the right way", I don't think I'm jumping all over anyone.  

Have you ever had fun while committing a sin?  I have.  Have you ever taken joy in someone else who has treated you poorly getting "what they deserved", I'm ashamed to admit I have.  Have you ever felt good in a moment of greed?  I have.  My point is, that we've all "had fun" in sin at some point or another, and it's the repentance that counts more than the action.  

As FCC pointed out, Saint Augustine's book Confessions is all about how he reveled in sin and then had a conversion experience and repented. Would you make these sorts of comments if a person posting was Saint Augustine?  If not, then why?  We are all striving for sainthood here.

Poor St Mary of Egypt is pouting at this thread.

Granted, she didn't get married, but still....

I am very proud to be a virgin and I would love to marry a virgin guy. I know it is an Ideal but .... Like others said he has to be a free and capable, virgin or not. I got love the guy for who he is. Shouldn't we really be talking about Chastity, anyways?

However, How did this thread get to 15 pages? Seriously, I thought this thing would die after 2 or 3  because of the op.... and thier "sly" ways. I think every should know by know that this person came in to cause chaos and turn us agianst eachother.

havok579257

I am definetly glad you don't get to decide who gets into heaven.  Your standards are higher then God's.  If it was you deciding you probably would never let anyone into heaven except yourself who apparently  is without sin.  You are a very prideful young man who already considers himself the last vestigae of true Christianity and we are all just heathens.  Like comparing all of us to the Aryn heresy.  Last I checked, its not the prideful that will inherate the earth but the humble.  

Although you will ignore everyone because you are convinced you are a true believe and better than all other sinners.  Hmmm, Jesus seems to have dealt with people such as this.  Might want to read the gospels to see what he says about prideful people.