An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

IgnatiusofLoyola

According to this quiz, I am a pangolin. I thought I knew a lot about animals, but apparently not--I had to look this one up. It lives in Africa and is also called a scaly anteater. It's covered in scales. (I like to think my skin is softer than that, but sometimes I can put up emotional "scales" to keep people away.) Like me, it curls up in a ball when faced by a predator, to try to protect itself. However, the diet of ants and insects, while probably high in protein and low in fat and cholesterol, doesn't appeal to me at all. (The "snack" question threw me off--none of the four options offered were what I would choose for a snack.)

As quizzes go, I'd give it about a C-. It didn't give me new insights about myself, but I did learn the name of a new animal.

I remember the first "Earth Day." :paperbag:

HopefulHeart

I find it amusing that so many contemporary novels are subtitled "A Novel," e.g. The Lame Board: A Novel. Like, why? Novels aren't exactly uncommon these days. Readers should be able to figure out when they're reading a novel without being told so in the title. I suspect it's mostly an attempt to make a book seem more impressive and worth buying.

Not The Philosopher

I find it amusing that so many contemporary novels are subtitled "A Novel," e.g. The Lame Board: A Novel. Like, why? Novels aren't exactly uncommon these days. Readers should be able to figure out when they're reading a novel without being told so in the title. I suspect it's mostly an attempt to make a book seem more impressive and worth buying.

​Too many people bought Pride and Prejudice thinking it was a dvd of the Kiera Knightley film.

HopefulHeart

​Now that I think about it, The Lame Board: A Novel would be a fascinating read. :P I imagine it as being written in the stream of consciousness style, with meme text and transcriptions of Youtube videos randomly inserted. There would be virtually no plot.

• 2 weeks later...
John Paul

I am only 11.People are always suprised over the phone when I call religious orders.

HopefulHeart

I got my cap and gown from the college bookstore. I'm going to pretend it's a superhero costume and call myself Captain Alumna, the defender of community college students. :P

• 3 weeks later...
MarysLittleFlower

Just post something most phatmassers wouldn't know about you here!

Here goes:

I lived in Italy when I was younger and was fluent in Italian. I've since lost it, but I'm hoping to gain it back one day (soon)! I still feel really attached to Italian culture and language, and though I'm not Italian at all heritage-wise, I *feel* Italian. :)

Okay, next!

​I can relate! :) I'm not from Italy at all but I love Italian language, music, art, SAINTS, etc. :) I'm trying to learn the language too. Maybe someday I'll even travel there :D

I just got a new mug that says "We Kentuck You In!" With a Teddy Bear on it... ITISAKENTCKYJOKE..................