An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

IgnatiusofLoyola

I'm a vieja

​Phatmass tiene necesidad de muchas viegas para equilibrar los nenes. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Not A Mallard

It hit me how fitting it is that Jaws its celebrating its 40th anniversary over Father's Day weekend. I mean, it's about a dad who battles a shark!

HopefulHeart

For Father's Day and my mom's birthday, I made a chocolate cake with vanilla icing (my grandma's recipe), topped with coconut. My mouth is already watering....

Not A Mallard

I find that my favorite Youtube videos are ones that are so stupid that they're hysterical.

Not A Mallard

A few months ago, I had a dream featuring a Tobymac song that I'd heard for real, so the next day I searched for it and couldn't find it anywhere. Yesterday, I happened to come across it...and it's actually by Imagine Dragons.

• 3 weeks later...
Not A Mallard

I've come to realize that Star Wars is little more than bland, silly nonsense; but it's good nonsense of its kind.

SaintOfVirtue

I've come to realize that Star Wars is little more than bland, silly nonsense; but it's good nonsense of its kind.

Heresy!

Not The Philosopher

It's ok to not think that Star Wars is the be all end all of modern pop culture. I appreciate it more for paving the way to other stuff that I like.

Not A Mallard

It's ok to not think that Star Wars is the be all end all of modern pop culture. I appreciate it more for paving the way to other stuff that I like.

True; without Star Wars, there wouldn't be any Lord of the Rings, E.T., The Avengers (the first one)... but even then, The Hobbit turned into over-the-top CGI spectacle, and the Marvel Cinematic Universe is beginning to run dry for me. I'm no longer surprise that nonsense like Jurassic World has broken records, because nonsense has been breaking records since Star Wars. But I can still enjoy Star Wars as nonsense, and some of the best nonsense out there.

Edited by Not A Mallard