An Old School Catholic Message Board

"something You Didn't Know About Me" Thread

LittleWaySoul

HopefulHeart

​I'm still slogging through The Two Towers. Haven't read Narnia yet.

​The first two-thirds of The Two Towers were very hard for me to get through, but the end was really exciting, so keep reading when you get the chance. (I know it's hard to read for fun when school is in session. I basically give up on pleasure reading once a semester starts.)

Not A Mallard

​The first two-thirds of The Two Towers were very hard for me to get through, but the end was really exciting, so keep reading when you get the chance. (I know it's hard to read for fun when school is in session. I basically give up on pleasure reading once a semester starts.)

​I'm just not much of a book reader in general.

HopefulHeart

​I'm just not much of a book reader in general.

​I love reading. If I didn't, I'd be in the wrong field of study, and the ~200 books in my room would be meaningless. ;) 

Spem in alium

I just played Bible Scrabble with a couple of my Sisters. Highlight was trying to fit "Nicodemus" in there. 

Ancilla Domini

When I was a baby I thought that the generic term for meat was "chicken" and that "meat" was just a particular type of chicken.

Just thought you all needed to know that. :P

HopefulHeart

I went to a play this afternoon at a local theater. It was called The Mountaintop and was an interpretation of Martin Luther King Jr.'s last night on earth. Some parts of the play I enjoyed, but I disliked other parts, especially the supernatural/theological elements. Oh well, that's where critical thinking comes in!

IgnatiusofLoyola

I volunteered at a Catholic youth retreat this weekend.

​You are still alive, so it must have gone well. Are you exhausted? :)

Not A Mallard

​You are still alive, so it must have gone well. Are you exhausted? :)

Well, I caught a fever while I was there. It's gone away, but I still have a little bit of a cold. All I really had to do was sit at a desk during sessions and make sure that the kids had chaperons past a certain point.

Edited by Not A Mallard

HopefulHeart

When I was a kid I sometimes had my stuffed animals get "married," and I would say that they were "wafflely wedded" instead of "lawfully wedded." I had no idea what "wafflely wedded" meant, but I was sure it was the correct thing to say lol.

Not A Mallard

According to Google's Earth Day quiz about what animal you are, I am a woolly mammoth and am "so unique" as to be "technically extinct." :| 

​I got a komodo dragon. I can "swallow an entire goat."

HopefulHeart

​I got a komodo dragon. I can "swallow an entire goat."

​Oh my. This quiz isn't very flattering. :P

HopefulHeart

​Well, my snack of choice was meat...

​Mine was salad. I like my vegetables, which is what comes of growing up with a parent who is vegetarian.  (Although yesterday I ate a turkey and salami sub and an entire chocolate bar for lunch....)