An Old School Catholic Message Board

Old Movies Fanclub ;)

Ancilla Domini

ChristianGirlForever

Not yet, it's high up on my "to watch" list. I've heard good things about it, and I do like Charles Boyer.

You should definitely see it.  It's a great movie and it has the adorably handsome Joseph Cotton in it as an added bonus.  Ingrid Bergman's period clothes are gorgeous, by the way.  :)

You should definitely see it.  It's a great movie and it has the adorably handsome Joseph Cotton in it as an added bonus.  Ingrid Bergman's period clothes are gorgeous, by the way.   :)

Sounds great, I'm looking forward to seeing it sometime soon!  :)

Ancilla Domini

You should definitely see it.  It's a great movie and it has the adorably handsome Joseph Cotton in it as an added bonus.  Ingrid Bergman's period clothes are gorgeous, by the way.   :)

Gah! Joseph Cotton is sooo amazing. :love:

And Ingrid Bergman's clothes! Oh . My . Gosh. I have no words.

3204069353_886ab6e6ed.jpg

Ancilla Domini

Our local movie theater is actually playing free showings of It's a Wonderful Life this weekend :)

I love that movie! Have you seen it before? If not, you have to!

Oh, and speaking of Christmas movies...Desk Set, anyone?

ds+christmas.jpg

Not A Mallard

I love that movie! Have you seen it before? If not, you have to!

Of course!  It's one of my all-time favorites!  I can't wait to see a classic on the big screen.

Ancilla Domini

Of course!  It's one of my all-time favorites!  I can't wait to see a classic on the big screen.

What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

I'll take it. Then what?

Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

Jimmy Stewart is one of the bestests.

Not A Mallard

What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.

I'll take it. Then what?

Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much?

Merry Christmas, movie home!  Merry Christmas, emporium!  Merry Christmas, you wonderful, old building-and-loan!

Ancilla Domini

Merry Christmas, movie home!  Merry Christmas, emporium!  Merry Christmas, you wonderful, old building-and-loan!

Ha, ha, ha, ha! My mouth's bleeding, Bert! My mouth's bleeding!

ChristianGirlForever

I'll take it. Then what?

Jimmy Stewart is one of the bestests.

Yes! Why don't ya kiss her instead of talking her to death?
How's that?
I said why don't ya kiss her instead of talking her to death!
Oh, you want me to kiss her, huh? You wait, mister, and we'll show you some kissing that'll curl your hair. (Sorry, can't remember it perfectly.)
Oh, youth is wasted on the wrong people!

ChristianGirlForever

Gah! Joseph Cotton is sooo amazing. :love:
And Ingrid Bergman's clothes! Oh . My . Gosh. I have no words.
3204069353_886ab6e6ed.jpg

I love him! His voice is amazing, too. Sigh

If I had been alive during the '30s-50s, I would have been the worst fan girl. lol. Many of today's actors don't do a thing for me. Can any of you, girls, relate? :)

Ancilla Domini

I love him! His voice is amazing, too. Sigh

If I had been alive during the '30s-50s, I would have been the worst fan girl. lol. Many of today's actors don't do a thing for me. Can any of you, girls, relate? :)

I've run out of props. =(

One of the girls in a book club I was in last year asked the rest of us who our celebrity "crushes" were. Each oneof the girls immediately named theirs, and I just said, "I...well, I do, but...all of them are dead!"

Leslie Howard was a big one, but I think the biggest was Glenn Ford. :love:

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Oh, glad you transferred this thread over.  I just watched Desk Set within the month; I'd never heard of it before it popped up on Netflix.

Ancilla Domini

Oh, glad you transferred this thread over.  I just watched Desk Set within the month; I'd never heard of it before it popped up on Netflix.

Isn't it a fantastic movie? I love it so much!

Is this your first Mediterranean cruise?

tumblr_luxbsb5plc1r6iyy0o1_500.gif