An Old School Catholic Message Board

Old Movies Fanclub ;)

Ancilla Domini

I'm not usually a fan of old movies, but I watched Casablanca recently, and it blew me away!

Also, you folks might like the movie "The Keys of the Kingdom" from 1944.  While I prefer the book version, the movie is really good too.

I enjoyed the Keys of the Kingdom as well! I have the book, but I haven't read it yet.

Not A Mallard

I'm not usually a fan of old movies, but I watched Casablanca recently, and it blew me away!

Seriously?  I just watched it last night!  I thought it was excellent, but it didn't blow me away.

Not The Philosopher

Everyone likes to talk about Bogart, but Claude Rains owns the film for me.

But more importantly.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFcOqyWBKYg

Not A Mallard

Wow.  Movie trailers back then were much more like Honest Trailers.  All that's missing is a crack about the Wicked Witch of the West.

Everyone likes to talk about Bogart, but Claude Rains owns the film for me.

But more importantly.....

I really want to see The Red Shoes! I've heard that it is very good.

Not The Philosopher

I really want to see The Red Shoes! I've heard that it is very good.

It's like, the best movie ever.

Well, maybe not. But I like it a lot.

Ancilla Domini

It's like, the best movie ever.

Well, maybe not. But I like it a lot.

I've heard of it, but I've never seen it. I'll have to watch it over Christmas break.

Ancilla Domini

That is such a good movie! So suspenseful!

During my brief exile from Phatmass this afternoon, I got around to watching Desk Set. It was great fun! I especially liked the scene where Spencer Tracy was giving the "quiz" to Katharine Hepburn. "Were Harry and Grace goldfish?"  :smile3:

I love that scene! I liked the line in that where Spencer Tracy asks Katharine Hepburn, "What's special about the phrase 'Able was I ere I saw Elba'"? And Katharine Hepburn thinks a while and then says, "Nothing." and he's about to write it down and she says, "That is, nothing aside from the fact that it's a palindrome; reads the same backwards and forwards." :smile3:

Ancilla Domini

I've heard of it, but I've never seen it. I'll have to watch it over Christmas break.

I love that scene! I liked the line in that where Spencer Tracy asks Katharine Hepburn, "What's special about the phrase 'Able was I ere I saw Elba'"? And Katharine Hepburn thinks a while and then says, "Nothing." and he's about to write it down and she says, "That is, nothing aside from the fact that it's a palindrome; reads the same backwards and forwards." :smile3:

Oh, and:

"Is this your first Mediterranean cruise?"

"Yes, but don't tell anyone!"

"Why not?"

"I'm the captain!"
"I'll help you steer!" *gives an adorable Katharine Hepburn giggle*

Oh, and:

"Is this your first Mediterranean cruise?"

"Yes, but don't tell anyone!"

"Why not?"

"I'm the captain!"
"I'll help you steer!" *gives an adorable Katharine Hepburn giggle*

Such good scenes! Also, I liked the scene in which the computer is asked about whether the king of the Watusis drives a car and instead starts giving info about the 1950 movie King Solomon's Mines, which is one of my favorites. I was thinking to myself, "I can't believe I understand this 1950s pop culture reference!"

Our local movie theater is actually playing free showings of It's a Wonderful Life this weekend :)

That movie is truly one of my all time favorite movies!