An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Ripperger: NeoCatholicism vs. Traditionalism

Nihil Obstat

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

All baptisms are valid if done in the name of the father,and of the son and of the holy spirit, but not all are performed by a holy priest of the most holy roman catholic church. The catechism is addressing those baptisms performed by a priestly member of the holy magesterium. And dont play with the catholic word here you will cause undue confusion, use a little c if your generalizing the word universal and a capital C if you are referring to the most holy Roman Catholic church. Of course you don't have to but i advise as such to avoid any future confusion.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

julianneoflongbeach

All baptisms are valid if done in the name of the father,and of the son and of the holy spirit, but not all are performed by a holy priest of the most holy roman catholic church. The catechism is addressing those baptisms performed by a priestly member of the holy magesterium. And dont play with the catholic word here you will cause undue confusion, use a little c if your generalizing the word universal and a capital C if you are referring to the most holy Roman Catholic church. Of course you don't have to but i advise as such to avoid any future confusion.

Hmmm, the catechism doesn't actually say that, so you can't draw that conclusion. The only thing it refers to is baptism, general, which would then have to include all valid baptisms.

Edited by julianneoflongbeach

It's okay for others to say, "hey that sounds racist" if the remark/comment does indeed sound racist.  Yet this is not what Josh did.  Josh called Catlick a racist and did so as a personal attack simply because Josh was upset with Catlick's comments regarding his position on a topic which has nothing to do with race.

You know, whatever. I'm just a little irritated by this guy's comments and I don't get how one can defend him. Yeah it probably was not appropriate to call him out in this particular thread but, but it's an ongoing issue with this guy imo. If someone says racist things all the time I'm not gonna cry over someone calling him a racist. It's not like he's making an offhand comment here or there, it's racist or sexist croutons all the time.

Which, again, he should be FREE to say but he should also have to deal with people drawing conclusions based upon it.

Edited by Ice_nine

Credo in Deum

You know, whatever. I'm just a little irritated by this guy's comments and I don't get how one can defend him. Yeah it probably was not appropriate to call him out in this particular thread but, but it's an ongoing issue with this guy imo. If someone says racist things all the time I'm not gonna cry over someone calling him a racist. It's not like he's making an offhand comment here or there, it's racist or sexist croutons all the time.

Which, again, he should be FREE to say but he should also have to deal with people drawing conclusions based upon it.

If he is doing it all the time then report it.  I gotta say for these accusations of him being a full time sexist racist bigot I have little to no reports from other users regarding his content.  Either people are over exaggerating this or we need to make the report button bigger and brighter.  

People can draw their own conclusions all they like.  Yet if their conclusions turn into personal attacks then I have to step in.  

I don't report people. It's not my thing. And like I said I feel like he should be able to say the things he does. I hate getting into internet drama, it's even more dumb than real life drama. But I think I've said my peace. If this is the way dust and his proxies want to run this place, that's fine. There are worse places on the www.

Nihil Obstat

Wrong.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Hmmm, the catechism doesn't actually say that, so you can't draw that conclusion. The only thing it refers to is baptism, general, which would then have to include all valid baptisms.

You assume all baptisms and i assume catholic baptisms, whats the difference, we are both assuming. lol. :) Neither of us know for sure. And also yes the catechism as far as i can remember does state that all culture through history has elements of the truth in it but not the fullness as does the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

Wrong.

all baptisms to this format except the Jehovas witness and Salvation Army i think, for some reason these two baptisms are invalid. That's what a priest told me anyhow.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

KnightofChrist

I don't report people. It's not my thing. And like I said I feel like he should be able to say the things he does. I hate getting into internet drama, it's even more dumb than real life drama. But I think I've said my peace. If this is the way dust and his proxies want to run this place, that's fine. There are worse places on the www.

I don't report people either, most of the time. I did however report Cat for the black face photo carp. I don't really read his posts much, I didn't really have any idea he was posting that kind of mess on PM. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right but perhaps if the Mediators of Meh would have known about his history of racism nonsense the whole matter of him being called a racist would have been treated differently. The pictures he posted were racist and forms of abuse and abuse should be reported. Something similar happens in real life when men abuse their wives or girlfriends and they get tired of that carp but then have no record to show the police or protective services because they never reported it. To the police and protective services it appears to be a she said he said. Something similar happened here, I think. The Mediators of Meh didn't know the history, all they know is what they can read and they can't read everything. Anyway maybe I'm wrong idk. But I do see Catlick now as a racist person due to the imagery he posted in this thread. Before that I didn't know that.

You've never made any racist post? You're hilarious. Between comments like yours and Catholics blasting the Confederate flag all over Facebook and how great it is I've got some serious things to think about. 

Josh, if you let the behavior of Christ's followers dictate where you declare allegiance, you will declare allegiance nowhere.

Follow Christ. Suffer His followers.

Josh, if you let the behavior of Christ's followers dictate where you declare allegiance, you will declare allegiance nowhere.

Follow Christ. Suffer His followers.

You're right and I'm nothing impressive myself but one thing I'm not is a racist. I'm a lot of things that aren't good but definitely not a racist. I thank God for that. I love the Church too so I won't leave. It just gets tempting at times when situations like these arise.

Edited by Guest

I don't report people either, most of the time. I did however report Cat for the black face photo carp. I don't really read his posts much, I didn't really have any idea he was posting that kind of mess on PM. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right but perhaps if the Mediators of Meh would have known about his history of racism nonsense the whole matter of him being called a racist would have been treated differently. The pictures he posted were racist and forms of abuse and abuse should be reported. Something similar happens in real life when men abuse their wives or girlfriends and they get tired of that carp but then have no record to show the police or protective services because they never reported it. To the police and protective services it appears to be a she said he said. Something similar happened here, I think. The Mediators of Meh didn't know the history, all they know is what they can read and they can't read everything. Anyway maybe I'm wrong idk. But I do see Catlick now as a racist person due to the imagery he posted in this thread. Before that I didn't know that.

Yeah I don't care if other people want to report things, I just generally don't. But you have a point.

I think this thread should be closed. It's not about the OP anymore, hasn't been for a long time, and can't be brought back to it, IMO.

Which is a shame, cuz the OP provided material for a good intellectual discussion. Is that possible on Phatmass?

My vote: Kill it.

This thread should probably be killed and buried for three days.  Then allowed to be resurrected if people are that interested in discussing what Fr Ripper said. 

I think this thread should be closed. It's not about the OP anymore, hasn't been for a long time, and can't be brought back to it, IMO.

Which is a shame, cuz the OP provided material for a good intellectual discussion. Is that possible on Phatmass?

Is that possible on any forum anywhere?

Where are these magical non-discursive, stay-on-topic forums I keep hearing about?!