An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Ripperger: NeoCatholicism vs. Traditionalism

Nihil Obstat

Credo in Deum

Not everything they believe is bad or even wrong. Don't chuck the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

We have a more pressing challenge than the protestants at the moment, the free mason illumanati. And we need to best unite with all baptised believers as we can to defeat this enemy.

Likewise I could say, "Not everything the free masons and illuminati believe is bad or even wrong, Tab.  Don't chuck the baby out with the bath water so to speak." 

Whatever truth Protestantism has, it is because they have taken it from the Catholic Church.  Furthermore I would say all heresy is a pressing challenge to the salvation of souls!   

I have never made any racist comment on Phatmass. Why the need to slander people who disagree with you on points that have nothing to do with race? 

Evidence please. 

Why? I could comb your posts and pick out a number of abhorrent, racist (or at least racially/sexually prejudiced), explain to you why they are racist or sexist, and you would just tell me, "No you're wrong. You're just too sensitive about race because you're American and you want to make everything about race." And then you'd probably blather on about how "social cohesion" is totally and authentically Catholic with the implication that, of course, I am obviously less Catholic than you are for holding an opposing view.

Now am I wrong? I would love to be proven wrong, but I am a little shocked that my beloved phatmass allows you to post the tripe that you tend to but censors people who disagree with you. I don't know what Josh said, but I think the modding was an overreach, esp with the "stop calling people racists" carp. If a Mediator of Meh wants to delete a post, fine, but it doesn't have to be done like that and I highly question said Mediator of Meh's objectivity in that decision when we've had heated discussions about race on here and he's historically more or less sided with the person he's swooping in to defend.

Of course I will probably get banned for publically blasting a Mediator of Meh or accused of "detraction" or some other sin but I don't think it's fair. But since the Mediator of Meh edit was "stop calling people racists" instead of something like "no personal attacks please" that really irked me and prompted this post.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Im taking back the flag josh, barry not harry met sally,lol. There bets are on marriage, mine are on the people being united in love for one another and non judgement, though of course not a hippy love nore reducing the faith of reason to discern what is good and evil with a religious concience.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Credo in Deum

Why? I could comb your posts and pick out a number of abhorrent, racist (or at least racially/sexually prejudiced), explain to you why they are racist or sexist, and you would just tell me, "No you're wrong. You're just too sensitive about race because you're American and you want to make everything about race." And then you'd probably blather on about how "social cohesion" is totally and authentically Catholic with the implication that, of course, I am obviously less Catholic than you are for holding an opposing view.

Now am I wrong? I would love to be proven wrong, but I am a little shocked that my beloved phatmass allows you to post the tripe that you tend to but censors people who disagree with you. I don't know what Josh said, but I think the modding was an overreach, esp with the "stop calling people racists" carp. If a Mediator of Meh wants to delete a post, fine, but it doesn't have to be done like that and I highly question said Mediator of Meh's objectivity in that decision when we've had heated discussions about race on here and he's historically more or less sided with the person he's swooping in to defend.

Of course I will probably get banned for publically blasting a Mediator of Meh or accused of "detraction" or some other sin but I don't think it's fair. But since the Mediator of Meh edit was "stop calling people racists" instead of something like "no personal attacks please" that really irked me and prompted this post.

You're welcome to your opinions.  I'm not going to ban you for them, but I'm not going to apologize for my decision.  Since calling someone a racist is a personal attack why should it matter if say "No personal attacks" vs "Please, stop calling people racists"?  Is it because you believe Catlick is a racist?  Is that why there is such a huge problem with the edit?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Likewise I could say, "Not everything the free masons and illuminati believe is bad or even wrong, Tab.  Don't chuck the baby out with the bath water so to speak." 

Whatever truth Protestantism has, it is because they have taken it from the Catholic Church.  Furthermore I would say all heresy is a pressing challenge to the salvation of souls!   

Everything about the philosophies of free masonry is wrong. They have been declared the churches enemy by multiple popes, get in line buster. Protestantism has never been and never will be declared the churches enemy.

Holy mother listens to and respects the protest intently.

So evidence will not be supplied. I rest my case. 

Credo in Deum

Everything about the philosophies of free masonry is wrong. They have been declared the churches enemy by multiple popes, get in line buster. Protestantism has never been and never will be declared the churches enemy.

Protestantism aka heresy is considered the Church's enemy!  This is because one heritcal belief corrupts the deposit of faith completely!!  The fact that you approve one heresy and decry another shows an inconsistency regarding your position. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

free masons are not catholic, and nore are protestants, how is it that they can be heretics anyway?

Protestantism is hersey aka almost all black people who are Christians really don't know God aka Saved by Grace through Faith in Catholicism really doesn't count for much.

Protestantism has never been and never will be declared the churches enemy.

Ever heard of the Council of Trent? Declaring excommunicated anyone who believes in even a single minor Protestant principle contradicting the Faith, one can't have a clearer declaration of war. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Ever heard of the Council of Trent? Declaring excommunicated anyone who believes in even a single minor Protestant principle contradicting the Faith, one can't have a clearer declaration of war. 

That is protestant principles that contradict the faith, not every protestant principle is in that class. Though of course holy mother declares we need not look out side the annals of her vast library for the truth because all truth is contained within her supple breast.

Credo in Deum

free masons are not catholic, and nore are protestants, how is it that they can be heretics anyway?

We're not talking about individuals, we're talking about belief systems.  Freemasonary, Protestantism, etc are all heretical belief systems because they contain heretical teachings.  Teaching which are anti-Catholic.  Whether or not those who adhere to these belief systems are heretics is a completely different matter.

Your error is thinking that the judgment of a belief system is a judgment of an individual.  An example of what you're doing would look like this:

Tab: 2+2=5

Me: 2+2=4

Tab: Well they both include numbers so there is still some good in it.

Me: Incorrect.  The equation is false and lacking truth. It is a stupid equation.

Tab: Hey, stop calling me stupid.  That's not nice.  You shouldn't judge me.

Me: facepalm

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Credo, the thing is free masonry in it's completeness is a heresy, protestantism isnt and nore is buddihsm but protestantism contains more of the truth than buddhism and the holy roman catholic church more than any actually the holy roman catholic church contains the whole truth in it's completeness. Holy mother church teaches this in the catechsim, not the free mason bit but the rest of what i have declared.

So evidence will not be supplied. I rest my case. 

you know the things you've said. You don't think anything you've said is racist while multiple people here think you have said racist things. I've better things to do than convince some internet troll he is probably racist and/or culturally supremacist, but I will continue calling out your racist/sexist tripe when I see it, and you can whine all you want about lack of evidence :)

You're welcome to your opinions.  I'm not going to ban you for them, but I'm not going to apologize for my decision.  Since calling someone a racist is a personal attack why should it matter if say "No personal attacks" vs "Please, stop calling people racists"?  Is it because you believe Catlick is a racist?  Is that why there is such a huge problem with the edit?

I don't know the man but nearly everything he posts is almost laughably offensive. It has nothing to do with him being a trad or coming from some waffle-sized European country, but just being utterly smug and condescending in a slithery way where he doesn't have to take responsibility for the obvious implications of his speech. He just marks it up to "well I can't believe on a Catholic forum . . . that people have a problem with this!" or "You Americans are hypersensitive" I don't know if he's really racist and sexist all I know is a large number of the things he says are . .  racist and/or sexist. I cannot be the only one who thinks this. If I am then I've greatly misjudged

So yeah maybe that's one reason I had a huge problem with the edit. I think Catlick should be able to post whatever garbage he wants to but people should also be allowed to call him out on it. He's a big boy. If he wants to declare his opinions loud and proud then he needs to put on his big boy pantaloons and deal with the criticism IMO.

It just seems to me it's OK to be offensive to large swaths of people but the moment someone calls them on it, it becomes "personal." That's silly.

Edited by Ice_nine
edited fo gramma

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And again i wouldn't call anyone who isn't catholic a heretic, a heretic is a catholic whom has delibrately with full knowledge and consent and refusal to submit to magesterial justice continued to believe something that attacks the fundemental truths of the faith.