An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fr. Ripperger: NeoCatholicism vs. Traditionalism

Nihil Obstat

btw I hate protestantism in all of its forms. But there are many protestant folks whom I have a lot of love for. Hopefully they find and submit to the Truth

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

:)

Protestants and catholics in australia have a fabulous relationship, even philosophically, protestants in australia are more catholic than protestants in the u.s i assume. If you check out a lot of the african american christian rap music coming out, protestantism is going through a morphing process in the states and becoming more and more catholic at a rapid rate. In the ghettos anyway.

Credo in Deum

you know the things you've said. You don't think anything you've said is racist while multiple people here think you have said racist things. I've better things to do than convince some internet troll he is probably racist and/or culturally supremacist, but I will continue calling out your racist/sexist tripe when I see it, and you can whine all you want about lack of evidence :)

I don't know the man but nearly everything he posts is almost laughably offensive. It has nothing to do with him being a trad or coming from some waffle-sized European country, but just being utterly smug and condescending in a slithery way where he doesn't have to take responsibility for the obvious implications of his speech. He just marks it up to "well I can't believe on a Catholic forum . . . that people have a problem with this!" or "You Americans are hypersensitive" I don't know if he's really racist and sexist all I know is a large number of the things he says are . .  racist and/or sexist. I cannot be the only one who thinks this. If I am then I've greatly misjudged

So yeah maybe that's one reason I had a huge problem with the edit. I think Catlick should be able to post whatever garbage he wants to but people should also be allowed to call him out on it. He's a big boy. If he wants to declare his opinions loud and proud then he needs to put on his big boy pantaloons and deal with the criticism IMO.

It just seems to me it's OK to be offensive to large swaths of people but the moment someone calls them on it, it becomes "personal." That's silly.

It's okay for others to say, "hey that sounds racist" if the remark/comment does indeed sound racist.  Yet this is not what Josh did.  Josh called Catlick a racist and did so as a personal attack simply because Josh was upset with Catlick's comments regarding his position on a topic which has nothing to do with race.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I'm going to blindly back Jo$h because for him to quit alcohol while being an alcoholic is a sign of good judgement, many pursue it to the gates of pre-mature death, jail, psychiatric units or homelessness. Well done Jo$h.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

It ties together. Catlick has made racist post in the past. I'm not going to go search for them. One of them I remember was that it's okay for white business owners to only hire white people. There are other statements too. How it ties together with this is that most black people who identify as Christian aren't Catholic. So when you go saying a bunch of negative things about their faith n beliefs and you add the racist remarks she/he has said in the past it's not cool. If you can't see this or don't agree with me that's fine. I don't really care. I've seen racism my whole life. It started in 2nd grade when my black friend got called the n word repeatedly on the bus. I'm really over self righteous pharisee Catholics who want to take about all of the Black Christians and equate their faith in Christ to heresy. Why would black people even want to convert when a whole bunch of Catholics go on and on about how great the Confederate flag is. I believe the Catholic Church holds the full truth but thus kind of stuff tempts me to find a non denominational church where black and white people worship God together. 

Edited by Guest

It ties together. Catlick has made racist post in the past. I'm not going to go search for them. One of them I remember was that it's okay for white business owners to only hire black people. 

LOL, I've never said such a thing. 

Merely said that I believe that a business owner has the right to prefer a candidate of his own color to an equally skilled/educated/experienced candidate of a different color, for reasons of social cohesion. Seems to me as just the same as prefering a blonde to a brownhaired girl in case of equally nice personality. 

KnightofChrist

LOL, I've never said such a thing. 

Merely said that I believe that a business owner has the right to prefer a candidate of his own color to an equally skilled/educated/experienced candidate of a different color, for reasons of social cohesion. Seems to me as just the same as prefering a blonde to a brownhaired girl in case of equally nice personality. 

If you wanted to show you were not a racist after Credo in good will stuck out his neck for you a black face image is surely not the type of thing you would post. Unless of course you are racist.

That was supposed to say it's okay for a white business owner to only hire white people.

I'd say that a ginger business owner has the right to only hire gingers. The Jewish business owner to only hire Jews. The white business owner to only hire white people. That's called freedom.

If you wanted to show you were not a racist after Credo in good will stuck out his neck for you a black face image is surely not the type of thing you would post. Unless of course you are racist.

Chill, dude, it's a joke. 

Credo in Deum

@Catlick, if you post images like that again, I really don't care if you did it to be humorous, I will give you an official warning.