An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you think Harry Potter is bad?

karin

I looovve the Harry Potter books!!! And it's just fiction! If people are more susceptible to thoughts of witchcraft or the devil and whatnot, then they probably shouldn't read them. But if you know that it's not real, then go ahead! READ!!
I can't wait for the 6th book...

[quote]Is that how you react to all works of fiction? Didn't you ever read fairy tales?[/quote]

No, the Bible is the best book ever, id rather read it than Harry Potter, dont get me wrong, fairytales are great, but theres no comparison with the Bible, i mean, if u were only allowed to read one book, surely ud pick the Bible over everything else?

Karinsbestfriend

Well I don't think that Harry Potter is the best book ever. And of coarse the Bible comes first, that isn't even a comparison. But that doesn't mean I don't like the Harry Potters, I still think that they are good. And I can't wait tell the sixth one comes out either!

i didnt say that u cant read anything else, i read lots of other books, i just dont like the Harry Potter books

Edited by Noel's angel

i think its like fiction, not aa bad thing, or against religion or nething, but i personally didn't like them. I found them hard to get into.

hmm...there is a danger in any work of fiction that depicts magic or occult practices. Harry Potter is no exception. Magic isn't a thing humans can manipulate, and since there is no mention of God in the books I am not sure they are outright evil...but they aren't downright wholesome either.