An Old School Catholic Message Board

EWTN

aloha918

I EWTN a good thing?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like EWTN a lot, especially the Journey Home. The priest of my home parish, Fr. Ed Fride, was on it a while back, he's reconciled brethren, like me.

The Journey Home is cool, but I like Threshold of Hope with de man and Catholic Answers.

I went to lunch with Fr. Pacwa in June and I will see him in 2 months at the Life Foundation banquet in Houston. Hes awesome! I like talking with him. Hes so simple and easy to understand.

Theres alot of rumors going on about EWTN but none of it is true!!!

little_angel202

[quote name='White Knight' date='Sep 8 2005, 03:13 AM']Cool, What are they filming?
[right][snapback]715199[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

they are ment to be filming us in lessons or talks and we are going to ask 'intelligent' questions!
anyway i hope its stil going to happen havent heard anynews for a while!

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Sep 20 2005, 06:23 PM']Father Corapi is the MAN! :ninja:
[right][snapback]731786[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I second that! :cool: :twothumbsup:

[quote name='little_angel202' date='Sep 24 2005, 08:39 AM']they are ment to be filming us in lessons or talks and we are going to ask 'intelligent' questions!
anyway  i hope its stil going to happen havent heard anynews for a while!
[right][snapback]736165[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nice. :)

Edited by White Knight

the sung divine mercy rocks! i wish my parish would do it back home! that would be totally sweet. do they have it on cd?

Edited by hopeful1

White Knight

"For the shake of His sorrowful Passion, Have Mer-cy on u--s and on the who---le world!" - Divine Mercy Chaplin Song

I like that song too.

• 9 months later...

[quote name='ironmonk' post='475730' date='Jan 3 2005, 08:53 PM']
EWTN does have some major issues.

I like Mother Angelica, but she is too cynical and she has went against the Bishops in the past. She basically called our Pope a liar in regards to the third secret of Fatima.

These are unacceptable, but for the most part, it's better than anything else out there.

God Bless,
ironmonk
[/quote]

" As for the Secret, well I happen to be one of those individuals who thinks we didn’t get the whole thing. I told ya! I mean, you have the right to your own opinion, don’t you, Father? There, you know, that’s my opinion. Because I think it’s scary. And I don’t think the Holy See is going to say something that does not happen, that might happen. And then what does it do if it doesn’t happen? I mean the Holy See cannot afford to make prophecies, because. I know, —I don’t know—my funeral . . . It’s not me, so don’t look at me . . . Something’s gonna happen soon. It could be twenty years before it happens. So to God “soon” could be a thousand years. We don’t know that."
-Mother Angelica, 5-16-2001

This poll isn't about the third secret, but I wanted to know what Mother Angelica said/thought about it.
To be continued on a more appropriate thread...

[quote name='aloha918' post='434991' date='Dec 2 2004, 01:17 PM']
it think they dont like it because it is boring...not becasue of what the church teaches..........

they find it not to be interesting
[/quote]
How would a boring Television station turn them away from the faith?

ilovechrist

although i do vote YES that EWTN is great thing--
i feel that they could really appeal better to the youth of the Church, rather than simply having a one hour show every Thursday night directed solely towards them.

don't get me wrong--i LOVE the Masses, the Divine Mercy chants... but for many my age they need more than that to keep their interest in such a channel--sad but true.

[quote name='dUSt' post='434944' date='Dec 2 2004, 10:30 AM']
EWTN needs a weekly youth program produced by phatmass.
[/quote]

:)

that would be a GREAT addition to their network. it would certainly get the kids attention as they dash up channels on their way to MTV--and to me i think would make them STOP there and never proceed to MTV--even [b]BETTER[/b]!!!

Fulton Sheen Warrior

+JMJ+

[quote]it would certainly get the kids attention as they dash up channels on their way to MTV--[/quote]

:yes: I would much rather hear MC Just rapping on TV than 50 Cent.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also heard of the MANY, so many conversions from EWTN. A Television Network of the TRUE CATHOLIC faith is going to turn some people away, because they want the buttered up, the easier definition of Catholisism and not the so called 'harsh' Roman Catholic church. What they lack is the understanding of the church, the entirety of it, the meaning and the reality of the Catholic church. Sometimes some souls need a different approach to the faith before they can convert. But I believe that EWTN has done a great thing for our society, and I truely enjoy it too. It helps already Catholics.