An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not that I dislike VeraMaria.... BUT....

franciscanheart

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:27 PM'] i would actually like everybody to be treated the way vera and i get treated. not just an elite few. :unsure: [/quote]
the more you post, the more your known.

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 21 2005, 02:27 PM'] i would actually like everybody to be treated the way vera and i get treated. not just an elite few. :unsure: [/quote]
It's just that people who have been here longer and talk more are better known. The more you talk, the more people know about you, so they know more things to talk about with you.

It's not an 'elite few'...the more we get to know each other, the closer we all become....we're all friends... :rolleyes: :cyclops:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:29 PM'] I agree with this. It's just that the "popular" tend to be those who post more, and it's harder to talk about people who aren't here that often.

It's also hard to remember that the number of posts about a person does not necessarily reflect the amount of love for that person.

I don't want to be popular. I've never been popular in real life. I don't like it. [/quote]
thank you. ^_^

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:30 PM'] It's just that people who have been here longer and talk more are better known. The more you talk, the more people know about you, so they know more things to talk about with you.

It's not an 'elite few'...the more we get to know each other, the closer we all become....we're all friends... :rolleyes: :cyclops: [/quote]
i agree. Also Ralph, your right. The number of posts doesnt reflect our love for the person but the more someone lets their soul out to you, the more you feel attached to them.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:29 PM'] I agree with this.  It's just that the "popular" tend to be those who post more, and it's harder to talk about people who aren't here that often.

It's also hard to remember that the number of posts about a person does not necessarily reflect the amount of love for that person.

I don't want to be popular.  I've never been popular in real life.  I don't like it. [/quote]

you are right......
thats why i post in everyone's thread and welcome all, trying to get to know them more, its up to us to make it happen...

HomeTeamFamily

i just find it ironic that theres a whole new thread about vera dedicated to being angry about threads about vera haha

well...i am pretty new here, so my opinion may not be worth that much. but i don't see pm as a popularity contest. i recognize that many of you have been posting together for a few years and are close friends. so it is natural for you guys to be close together and "more popular". so i wouldn't expect everyone to post about me or anything, but i would like to think that people would try to welcome me and allow me to share the blessings of being here with them. and i think that many people here have been very kind to me and have accepted me in varying degrees even though i am new. and i thank God for all your kindness towards me. like raph said...i don't seek popularity or anything like that either. it's just nice to see that some of the popular people have been open and charitable with me. :) and i hope and pray that i can be as nice and welcoming to others as you guys have been to me.

Edited by corban711

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:35 PM'] i just find it ironic that theres a whole new thread about vera dedicated to being angry about threads about vera haha [/quote]
I was just thinking of that. :rolling: :rolling:

no one agrees with me. oh well. -_-

i'm not bashing any particular person. i'm not getting mad at vera. she do anything wrong.

[quote name='corban711' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:39 PM'] it's just nice to see that some of the popular people have been open and charitable with me.  :) [/quote]
That's why their popular, because they make an effort to be know everyone and they post a lot. (Sorry, I'm just using ur post as proof for my arguement) ;)

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Feb 21 2005, 02:35 PM'] i just find it ironic that theres a whole new thread about vera dedicated to being angry about threads about vera haha [/quote]
:wacko:

I always seem to stirr up angry feelings around here w/o intending to :blink:

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='corban711' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:39 PM'] well...i am pretty new here, so my opinion may not be worth that much. but i don't see pm as a popularity contest. i recognize that many of you have been posting together for a few years and are close friends. so it is natural for you guys to be close together and "more popular". so i wouldn't expect everyone to post about me or anything, but i would like to think that people would try to welcome me and allow me to share the blessings of being here with them. and i think that many people here have been very kind to me and have accepted me in varying degrees even though i am new. and i thank God for all your kindness towards me. like raph said...i don't seek popularity or anything like that either. it's just nice to see that some of the popular people have been open and charitable with me. :) and i hope and pray that i can be as nice and welcoming to others as you guys have been to me. [/quote]
:group:

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:42 PM'] why arent we mad at crusader1234 for bumping the threads? [/quote]
that what i was trying to say allllll along hahaha

nah crusader we love you :wub:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='corban711' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:39 PM'] well...i am pretty new here, so my opinion may not be worth that much. but i don't see pm as a popularity contest. i recognize that many of you have been posting together for a few years and are close friends. so it is natural for you guys to be close together and "more popular". so i wouldn't expect everyone to post about me or anything, but i would like to think that people would try to welcome me and allow me to share the blessings of being here with them. and i think that many people here have been very kind to me and have accepted me in varying degrees even though i am new. and i thank God for all your kindness towards me. like raph said...i don't seek popularity or anything like that either. it's just nice to see that some of the popular people have been open and charitable with me. :) and i hope and pray that i can be as nice and welcoming to others as you guys have been to me. [/quote]
:)

Your avatar reminds me of a kid from grade school. :lol: