An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not that I dislike VeraMaria.... BUT....

franciscanheart

[quote name='rachael' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:21 PM'] :huh: [/quote]
btw Rachel, I've always loved your avatar...don't change it! whoever that girl is...lol

[quote name='traichuoi' date='Feb 21 2005, 03:01 PM'] maybe i'm just computer illiterate or something of the like...but can there be elitist groups, cliques, or popularity contests on the internet?

i'm sorry but i gotta say this...it's just the internet! phatmass is, like Iacobus said, a faith-based community. i could understand if people are being shunned but because there aren't a whole bunch of threads about you, people go up in arms? come on, kinda ridiculous don't you think? but i do have to agree, those Vera threads were annoying (sorry Vera, you know i love you because you play Name the Saint with me!)

sorry if i offended anyone, it's not my purpose...just thought that needed to be said. [/quote]
i believe it's very possible. :unsure:

Yeah, so i just read every post on this thread and have concluded that I have just now wasted 10 minutes of my life reading it.

WHy don't we argue about something else like... dUSt never responding to threads, or corbetts awesome avatar, or sports.

Gosh, Vera is nice, Phatmass is nice, so be nice.

heyyoimjohnny

My first impressions of phatmass were what Rachael is describing. Maybe not first, but I thought that way after a little while, and I still continue to think that way. It might not be as extreme as I first thought it was, and probably not intentional, but I think it exists.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:29 PM'] I agree with this. It's just that the "popular" tend to be those who post more, and it's harder to talk about people who aren't here that often.

It's also hard to remember that the number of posts about a person does not necessarily reflect the amount of love for that person.

I don't want to be popular. I've never been popular in real life. I don't like it. [/quote]
That is so true.. and so awesome.. thanks Micah :)

franciscanheart

wow this turned into something i did NOT mean for it to be. i just think its really funny that people hold vera up on a pedistool sometimes. its like shes a god or something or some really awesome celebrity. let me go away for a few months, still lurk around and be on, then come back [meaning not just lurk but actually post] and see what people do. obviously not what they did for vera. and no its not that im jealous just that i think its kinda stupid. i like vera. i think vera is cool. yeah sure i missed seeing vera around or hearing about how she had to hang this big board by herself when she has brothers and how cool her family is and blah blah blah. i talked to vera while she was here too. i just think its really dumb is all. anyway.... this has gotten way out of control and you all have started to put words in my mouth that were not in my HEAD to begin with.

franciscanheart

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Feb 21 2005, 02:04 PM'] "ugh...why does vera think she's the center of the universe" [/quote]
um i didnt read through the whole thread but.... i dont seem to remember anyone saying that. :unsure:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 21 2005, 06:21 PM'] wow this turned into something i did NOT mean for it to be. i just think its really funny that people hold vera up on a pedistool sometimes. its like shes a god or something or some really awesome celebrity. let me go away for a few months, still lurk around and be on, then come back and see what people. obviously not what they did for vera. and no its not that im jealous just that i think its kinda stupid. i like vera. i think vera is cool. yeah sure i missed seeing vera around or hearing about how she had to hang this big board by herself when she has brothers and how cool her family is and blah blah blah. i talked to vera while she was here too. i just think its really dumb is all. anyway.... this has gotten way out of control and you all have started to put words in my mouth that were not in my HEAD to begin with. [/quote]
awesome. :thumb:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 21 2005, 06:21 PM'] wow this turned into something i did NOT mean for it to be. i just think its really funny that people hold vera up on a pedistool sometimes. its like shes a god or something or some really awesome celebrity. let me go away for a few months, still lurk around and be on, then come back [meaning not just lurk but actually post] and see what people do. obviously not what they did for vera. and no its not that im jealous just that i think its kinda stupid. i like vera. i think vera is cool. yeah sure i missed seeing vera around or hearing about how she had to hang this big board by herself when she has brothers and how cool her family is and blah blah blah. i talked to vera while she was here too. i just think its really dumb is all. anyway.... this has gotten way out of control and you all have started to put words in my mouth that were not in my HEAD to begin with. [/quote]
I'm sorry dude, i can understand your reason but the way you posted it coulda offended her. You guys keep saying its not her fault, so what if people that love her go to the limit because they're happy to see her.

[quote name='musturde' date='Feb 21 2005, 06:25 PM'] I'm sorry dude, i can understand your reason but the way you posted it coulda offended her. You guys keep saying its not her fault, so what if people that love her go to the limit because they're happy to see her. [/quote]
but why can't everyone else get that kind of welcome? :huh:

alas, i give up. no more posting on this thread. -_-