An Old School Catholic Message Board

was it rape?

cmotherofpirl

Don John of Austria

Well my great great great grand father was 21 when he met my great great grandmother, she was 14, he sent his brothers home and stayed in the town where he met her, they married that year and he adored her to the day he died, he was not a pervert. Until very modern times this was the NORM folks, agian until very modern times this was normal, in much of the world it still is. A 12 year old may or may not be developed emotionally and physically enough for this. However the Idea that marriage does not remove the disability of a minor to have sex with their spouse is absurd. Finally era might is right marry is assumed to be between 12 and 14 when she was judged competent by GOD to make the decision to have Jesus, lets not get to carried away with our own cultural ideas and call them right and wrong-- age of marriage is cultural not moral.

One more thing to note.

Obviously the restraining order ddn't work!! Maybe the arent should have charged him BEFORE he got her daughter pregnant, and maybe she should have been more aware of where her daughter was and what she was doing.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Winchester' date='Sep 14 2005, 12:12 AM']Force him into hard labor and then into the military. It might teach him responsibility.

And whup his ass a little, too.
[right][snapback]722614[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:yes:

[quote name='Winchester' date='Sep 13 2005, 11:12 PM']Force him into hard labor and then into the military. It might teach him responsibility.

And whup his ass a little, too.
[right][snapback]722614[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

you make me smile Winchester!!! :D:

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Sep 13 2005, 10:08 PM']hmm... I don't know. Illegal yes. I know at one time 14 was the min. in the Church to get married. Do I think he should be locked up for 50 years? hell no.
[right][snapback]722342[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

In colonial Mexico, 12 was the age when marriage was permitted. In colonial America, half the population was married before the age of 20.

Now, the way today's culture enables and extends childhood is dramatically different than either of the colonial situations, so it's not clear that a comparison between colonial America and modern America is apples to apples. .

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:16 AM']Hi, umm, can we say pedophilic tendencies?
He was 20 and she was 12!

'Nuff said.
[right][snapback]722755[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So I guess that makes many if not most of the men in the history of the world pedophiles right?

Don John of Austria

Guess that probably makes St. Joseph a pedophile also huh, because while he didn't have sex with Mary he probably intended to when he contracted marriage to her. beaver dam perverts.

That's just three years older than my daughter (who still plays with dolls, for crying out loud)... If anyone touches her, HSdad would probably kill him.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 14 2005, 08:44 AM']That's just three years older than my daughter (who still plays with dolls, for crying out loud)... If anyone touches her, HSdad would probably kill him.
[right][snapback]722796[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey I'm not saying a decent father would have let this happen, but that doesn't make it rape.

Don John, while that may have been the norm in the past, it is no longer the norm.

Now, it is illegal and considered to be deviant behavior.

A grown man having sexual relations with a child under the age of 13 is considered pedophilia.

It is also statuatory rape if the girl consented.