An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

• 4 weeks later...
the lords sheep

Just finished "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis, and will be beginning "Mercy unto Thousands" about venerable Catherine McAuley this afternoon.

she_who_is_not

Just finished A Woman of Unity about Mother Lurana of Graymoor. She was an Anglican sister who brought her entire congregation into the Church. A woman for our times!!!
I am now beginning my non-scriptural reading for the Pauline year statting with Rabbi Paul by Bruce Chilton. Yes, another Anglican but a good read just the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Desert Walker

I am currently reading [i]Robert Louis Stevenson[/i] by G.K. Chesterton. So far, I think Chesterton's main argument is that Stevenson decided to rebel against the prevailing atheistic gloominess of his day by writing stark and clear stuff like Treasure Island, which was based on his experiences as a boy playing with miniature puppet theaters. As always Chesterton's point of view is refreshingly, and hilariously unconventional.

Edited by Desert Walker

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1659102' date='Sep 19 2008, 01:59 PM']"Introduction to the Devout Life" - St. Francis DeSales. :love:[/quote]Me too! :))