An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='Hietanen' date='28 September 2009 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1254172354' post='1973919']
right now im reading; Father Martin von Cochem - the four last thing.pdf

A very very good book dealing with the four last things that will be for us all in life. Namely, life, death, the last judgment, and finally, the unavoidable eternity either in heaven or hell.

But, the best I can recommend, is the Revelations and Prophecies of St. Bridget, which can be read at the site below,

[url="http://www.prophecyfilm.com"]www.prophecyfilm.com[/url]
[/quote]

Hietenan, I was reading The four Last Things(TAN) for awhile but quit for some reason, I was really benefitting from it. And I really was benefitting from the prayers that Our Lord revealed to St. Bridgets namely the 15 prayers on Our Lords passion. And I know these arent the revelations your talking about but I have been reading the biuts and peices youve been posting and I like them very much.

Right now Iam reading -Your Life in The Holy Spirit- by Alan Shreck

• 2 weeks later...

For a sort of spiritual leisure read, I just finished reading [u]The Great Divorce[/u] by C.S. Lewis. For prayer, I have been reading one or another of the "Volumes" from Anne, the Lay Apostle. I've found them to bear great spiritual fruit.

xJessicaIsHisx

Still reading St Faustina's diary. I'm reading it online, so its a bit slow.

And I just started reading Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures... it's interesting, but I have to be careful not to read it at night or it might give me nightmares.

I need to read more :D

If I had time to read I would finish "St. Peter Canisius" by James Brodrick, SJ. Then "Heir to the Empire" by Timothy Zhan. But alas I am stuck studying for medical school... :huh:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='16 September 2009 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1253159712' post='1967932']
been rereading Terry Goodkind's epic fantasy/philosophy series "The Sword Of Truth" recently.been a few weeks and i just finished the 8th book "the Pillars of Creation" next on the list is "Naked Empire"
[/quote]

sorry bout this post, didnt realize this thread was in the Transmundane serious bizness forum. my bad.

brightsadness

Two books my old parish priest gave me: [u]The Jesus Prayer[/u] by Frederica Mathewes-Green and [u]The End of Suffering [/u] by the poet Scott Cairns. Both are very good. Mathewes-Green writes about how the Jesus Prayer "tunes" the heart to God.

goldenchild17

Currently working through the Problem of Human Happiness series by Owen Francis Dudley. Not necessarily the greatest writing from a fictional or literary standpoint. But still quite good overall

Edited by goldenchild17

I'm still trying to finish, "I Believe in Love." I'm also reading the preparation booklet for the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. I'm hoping to make my Consecration on November 21st. :love:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I found my copy of [i]Story of a Soul[/i] again and I am going to finish it! I only have the last manuscript to finish, so it shouldn't take long. Then I would really like to read [i]Christ, the Ideal of the Priest[/i] by Abbot Marmion sometime this year for the Year for Priests.

Just got a copy of [i][url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933495200?ie=UTF8&tag=amberdine-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1933495200"]prayerfulness[/url][/i] by Robert J. Wicks for review.

Pretty sure I will find something wrong with it and have to trash it. Books on contemplative prayer by psychologists who seem to draw on a lot of Far East sources just... well, you know. :wacko: But, I hope to be wrong! Author was awarded The Holy Cross Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice. Maybe he's not a fruitloop.