[size="3"][/size]

[u]FULLY HUMAN FULLY DIVINE [/u] by Michael Casey OCSO
Explores the humanity and divinity of Jesus through the Gospel of Mark

Truly amazing,

Recommended by my Spiritual Director

Edited by TIWW

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EcceQuamBonum

[i]Handful of Dust[/i] by Evelyn Waugh. A wonderful display of Waugh's raw satirical ability. A work that is both uproariously funny and hauntingly tragic.

Rich Christians in a Time of Hunger. Moving from Affluence to Generosity.

Im almost finished. This book will likely not change your life if you have any familiarity with the social mission of the Church. It is actually written by an Evangelical so I am sure this is a much more impactful book for its intended audience. The final section does include some solid advice on how to make practical steps to assist the poor including micro loans.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='amandaplus5' post='967387' date='May 1 2006, 05:09 PM'][i]The Lamb's Supper[/i] Scott Hahn
[i]Catholicism and Fundamentalsim[/i] Karl Keating

For pleasure, I'm reading [i]Let Freedom Ring[/i] by Sean Hannity and [i]Pierced by a Sword[/i]. I can't remeber the author of the latter at the moment, but I highly recomend this book. It's fiction with a Catholic twist (but it incorporates Catholicism into the book in a manner that shows its truth. It doesn't convolute it at all).[/quote]

I loved Pierced by a Sword! And The Lamb's Supper of course... I made the mistake of lending it to a friend who's applying for a job at NASA and finishing up his last year of college... Never give books to people who have no time- they'll never give them back because they're reading a page a month! Haha.

cmotherofpirl

[i]The lost History of Christianity: the thousand-year golden age of the Church in the Middle East, Africa and Asia - and how it died[/i] by Philip Jenkins.
Excellent read!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Father Leopoldo of Castelnovo by Fr. Pietero da Valdiporro. Nice read

The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life by Fr. Charles Arminjon. (scary)

Authenticity, A Biblical Theology of Discernment by Fr. Thomas Dubay, S.M. I just finished this book today. I love it. I am going to read it over again, even slower.

Edited by Deb