An Old School Catholic Message Board

The 150 Psalms

Resurrexi

Psalm 93 (Douay-Rheims)

God shall judge and punish the oppressors of his people.

A psalm for David himself on the fourth day of the week.

1 The Lord is the God to whom revenge belongeth: the God of revenge hath acted freely.
2 Lift up thyself, thou that judgest the earth: render a reward to the proud.
3 How long shall sinners, O Lord: how long shall sinners glory?
4 Shall they utter, and speak iniquity: shall all speak who work injustice?
5 Thy people, O Lord, they have brought low: and they have afflicted thy inheritance.
6 They have slain the widow and the stranger: and they have murdered the fatherless.
7 And they have said: The Lord shall not see: neither shall the God of Jacob understand.
8 Understand, ye senseless among the people: and, you geniuses, be wise at last.
9 He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? or he that formed the eye, doth he not consider?
10 He that chastiseth nations, shall he not rebuke: he that teacheth man knowledge?
11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of men, that they are vain.
12 Blessed is the man whom thou shalt instruct, O Lord: and shalt teach him out of thy law.
13 That thou mayst give him rest from the evil days: till a pit be dug for the wicked.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Rest from the evil days... That thou mayst mitigate the sorrows, to which he is exposed, during the short and evil days of his mortality.
[/color][/size] 14 For the Lord will not cast off his people: neither will he forsake his own inheritance.
15 Until justice be turned into judgment: and they that are near it are all the upright in heart.
[size=1][color="#808080"]Until justice be turned into judgment, etc... By being put in execution; which will be agreeable to all the upright in heart.
[/color][/size] 16 Who shall rise up for me against the evildoers? or who shall stand with me against the workers of iniquity?
17 Unless the Lord had been my helper, my soul had almost dwelt in hell.
18 If I said: My foot is moved: thy mercy, O Lord, assisted me.
19 According to the multitude of my sorrows in my heart, thy comforts have given joy to my soul.
20 Doth the seat of iniquity stick to thee, who framest labour in commandment?
[size=1][color="#808080"]Doth the seat of iniquity stick to thee, etc... That is, wilt thou, O God, who art always just, admit of the seat of iniquity: that is, of injustice, or unjust judges, to have any partnership with thee? Thou who framest, or makest, labour in commandment, that is, thou who obligest us to labour with all diligence to keep thy commandments.
[/color][/size] 21 They will hunt after the soul of the just, and will condemn innocent blood.
22 But the Lord is my refuge: and my God the help of my hope.
23 And he will render them their iniquity: and in their malice he will destroy them: the Lord our God will destroy them.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Psalm 94 (Douay-Rheims)

An invitation to adore and serve God, and to hear his voice.

Praise of a canticle for David himself.

1 Come let us praise the Lord with joy: let us joyfully sing to God our saviour.
2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving; and make a joyful noise to him with psalms.
3 For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
4 For in his hand are all the ends of the earth: and the heights of the mountains are his.
5 For the sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
6 Come let us adore and fall down: and weep before the Lord that made us.
7 For he is the Lord our God: and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
8 Today if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts:
9 As in the provocation, according to the day of temptation in the wilderness: where your fathers tempted me, they proved me, and saw my works.
10 Forty years long was I offended with that generation, and I said: These always err in heart.
11 And these men have not known my ways: so I swore in my wrath that they shall not enter into my rest.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Augustine of Hippo

The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them he has set a tent for the sun, which comes forth like a bridegroom leaving his chamber, and like a strong man runs its course with joy. Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and there is nothing hid from its heat. The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever; the ordinances of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. But who can discern his errors? Clear thou me from hidden faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then I shall be blameless, and innocent of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 95

Psalms 95:1  Come let us praise the Lord with joy: let us joyfully sing to God our saviour.
2  Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving; and make a joyful noise to him with psalms.
3  For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
4  For in his hand are all the ends of the earth: and the heights of the mountains are his.
5  For the sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
6  Come let us adore and fall down: and weep before the Lord that made us.
7  For he is the Lord our God: and we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.
8  To day if you shall hear his voice, harden not your hearts:
9  As in the provocation, according to the day of temptation in the wilderness: where your fathers tempted me, they proved me, and saw my works.
10  Forty years long was I offended with that generation, and I said: These always err in heart.
11  And these men have not known my ways: so I swore in my wrath that they shall not enter into my rest.

Psalms 96:1  A canticle for David himself, when the house was built after the captivity. Sing ye to the Lord a new canticle: sing to the Lord, all the earth.
2  Sing ye to the Lord and bless his name: shew forth his salvation from day to day.
3  Declare his glory among the Gentiles: his wonders among all people.
4  For the Lord is great, and exceedingly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods.
5  For all the gods of the Gentiles are devils: but the Lord made the heavens.
6  Praise and beauty are before him: holiness and majesty in his sanctuary.
7  Bring ye to the Lord, O ye kindreds of the Gentiles, bring ye to the Lord glory and honour:
8  bring to the Lord glory unto his name. Bring up sacrifices, and come into his courts:
9  adore ye the Lord in his holy court. Let all the earth be moved at his presence.
10  Say ye among the Gentiles, the Lord hath reigned. For he hath corrected the world, which shall not be moved: he will judge the people with justice.
11  Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad, let the sea be moved, and the fulness thereof:
12  the fields and all things that are in them shall be joyful. Then shall all the trees of the woods rejoice
13  before the face of the Lord, because he cometh: because he cometh to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with justice, and the people with his truth.

Psalms 97:1  For the same David, when his land was restored again to him. The Lord hath reigned, let the earth rejoice: let many islands be glad.
2  Clouds and darkness are round about him: justice and judgment are the establishment of his throne.
3  A fire shall go before him, and shall burn his enemies round about.
4  His lightnings have shone forth to the world: the earth saw and trembled.
5  The mountains melted like wax, at the presence of the Lord: at the presence of the Lord of all the earth.
6  The heavens declared his justice: and all people saw his glory.
7  Let them be all confounded that adore graven things, and that glory in their idols. Adore him, all you his angels:
8  Sion heard, and was glad. And the daughters of Juda rejoiced, because of thy judgments, O Lord.
9  For thou art the most high Lord over all the earth: thou art exalted exceedingly above all gods.
10  You that love the Lord, hate evil: the Lord preserveth the souls of his saints, he will deliver them out of the hand of the sinner.
11  Light is risen to the just, and joy to the right of heart.
12  Rejoice, ye just, in the Lord: and give praise to the remembrance of his holiness.

Psalms 98:1  A psalm for David himself. Sing ye to the Lord anew canticle: because he hath done wonderful things. His right hand hath wrought for him salvation, and his arm is holy.
2  The Lord hath made known his salvation: he hath revealed his justice in the sight of the Gentiles.
3  He hath remembered his mercy his truth toward the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
4  Sing joyfully to God, all the earth; make melody, rejoice and sing.
5  Sing praise to the Lord on the harp, on the harp, and with the voice of a psalm:
6  with long trumpets, and sound of comet. Make a joyful noise before the Lord our king:
7  let the sea be moved and the fulness thereof: the world end they that dwell therein.
8  The rivers shall clap their hands, the mountains shall rejoice together
9  at the presence of the Lord: because he cometh to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with justice, and the people with equity.

Psalms 99:1  A psalm for David himself. The Lord hath reigned, let the people be angry: he that sitteth on the cherubims: let the earth be moved.
2  The Lord is great in Sion, and high above all people.
3  Let them give praise to thy great name: for it is terrible and holy:
4  and the king's honour loveth judgment. Thou hast prepared directions: thou hast done judgment and justice in Jacob.
5  Exalt ye the Lord our God, and adore his footstool, for it is holy.
6  Moses and Aaron among his priests: and Samuel among them that call upon his name. They called upon the Lord, and he heard them:
7  he spoke to them in the pillar of the cloud. They kept his testimonies, and the commandment which he gave them.
8  Thou didst hear them, O Lord our God: thou wast a merciful God to them, and taking vengeance on all their inventions.
9  Exalt ye the Lord our God, and adore at his holy mountain: for the Lord our God is holy.

[b]Psalms 100:[/b]

1  A psalm of praise.
2  Sing joyfully to God, all the earth: serve ye the Lord with gladness. Come in before his presence with exceeding great joy.
3  Know ye that the Lord he is God: he made us, and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of his pasture.
4  Go ye into his gates with praise, into his courts with hymns: and give glory to him. Praise ye his name:
5  for the Lord is sweet, his mercy endureth for ever, and his truth to generation and generation.

[b]Psalms 101: [/b]

1  A psalm for David himself. Mercy and judgment I will sing to thee, O Lord: I will sing,
2  and I will understand in the unspotted way, when thou shalt come to me. I walked in the innocence of my heart, in the midst of my house.
3  I did not set before my eyes any unjust thing: I hated the workers of iniquities.
4  The perverse heart did not cleave to me: and the malignant, that turned aside from me, I would not know.
5  The man that in private detracted his neighbour, him did I persecute. With him that had a proud eye, and an unsatiable heart, I would not eat.
6  My eyes were upon the faithful of the earth, to sit with me: the man that walked in the perfect way, he served me.
7  He that worketh pride shall not dwell in the midst of my house: he that speaketh unjust things did not prosper before my eyes.
8  In the morning I put to death all the wicked of the land: that I might cut off all the workers of iniquity from the city of the Lord.

[b]Psalms 102: [/b]

1  The prayer of the poor man, when he was anxious, and poured out his supplication before the Lord.
2  Hear, O Lord, my prayer: and let my cry come to thee.
3  Turn not away thy face from me: in the day when I am in trouble, incline thy ear to me. In what day soever I shall call upon thee, hear me speedily.
4  For my days are vanished like smoke: and my bones are grown dry like fuel for the fire.
5  I am smitten as grass, and my heart is withered: because I forgot to eat my bread.
6  Through the voice of my groaning, my bone hath cleaved to my flesh.
7  I am become like to a pelican of the wilderness: I am like a night raven in the house.
8  I have watched, and am become as a sparrow all alone on the housetop.
9  All the day long my enemies reproached me: and they that praised me did swear against me.
10  For I did eat ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping.
11  Because of thy anger and indignation: for having lifted me up thou hast thrown me down.
12  My days have declined like a shadow, and I am withered like grass.
13  But thou, O Lord, endurest for ever: and thy memorial to all generations.
14  Thou shalt arise and have mercy on Sion: for it is time to have mercy on it, for the time is come.
15  For the stones thereof have pleased thy servants: and they shall have pity on the earth thereof.
16  And the Gentiles shall fear thy name, O Lord, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.
17  For the Lord hath built up Sion: and he shall be seen in his glory.
18  He hath had regard to the prayer of the humble: and he hath not despised their petition.
19  Let these things be written unto another generation: and the people that shall be created shall praise the Lord:
20  Because he hath looked forth from his high sanctuary: from heaven the Lord hath looked upon the earth.
21  That he might hear the groans of them that are in fetters: that he might release the children of the slain:
22  That they may declare the name of the Lord in Sion: and his praise in Jerusalem;
23  When the people assemble together, and kings, to serve the Lord.
24  He answered him in the way of his strength: Declare unto me the fewness of my days.
25  Call me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are unto generation and generation.
26  In the beginning, O Lord, thou foundedst the earth: end the heavens are the works of thy hands.
27  They shall perish but thou remainest: and all of them shall grow old like a garment: And as a vesture thou shalt change them, and they shall be changed.
28  But thou art always the selfsame, and thy years shall not fail.
29  The children of thy servants shall continue: and their seed shall be directed for ever.

Edited by Rod

[b]Psalms 103:[/b]

1  For David himself. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and let all that is within me bless his holy name.
2  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and never forget all he hath done for thee.
3  Who forgiveth all thy iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases.
4  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction: who crowneth thee with mercy and compassion.
5  Who satisfieth thy desire with good things: thy youth shall be renewed like the eagle's.
6  The Lord doth mercies, and judgment for all that suffer wrong.
7  He hath made his ways known to Moses: his wills to the children of Israel.
8  The ford is compassionate and merciful: longsuffering and plenteous in mercy.
9  He will not always be angry: nor will he threaten for ever.
10  He hath not dealt with us according to our sins: nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
11  For according to the height of the heaven above the earth: he hath strengthened his mercy towards them that fear him.
12  As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our iniquities from us.
13  As a father hath compassion on his children, so hath the Lord compassion on them that fear him:
14  for he knoweth our frame. He remembereth that we are dust:
15  man's days are as grass, as the flower of the field so shall he flourish.
16  For the spirit shall pass in him, and he shall not be: and he shall know his place no more.
17  But the mercy of the Lord is from eternity and unto eternity upon them that fear him: And his justice unto children's children,
18  to such as keep his covenant, And are mindful of his commandments to do them.
19  The Lord hath prepared his throne in heaven: and his kingdom shall rule over all.
20  Bless the Lord, all ye his angels: you that are mighty in strength, and execute his word, hearkening to the voice of his orders.
21  Bless the Lord, all ye his hosts: you ministers of his that do his will.
22  Bless the Lord, all his works: in every place of his dominion, O my soul, bless thou the Lord.

Edited by Rod

KnightofChrist

Psalm 104

[i]Confitemini Domino. A thanksgiving to God for his benefits to his people Israel. Alleluia.[/i]

1 Alleluia. Give glory to the Lord, and call upon his name: declare his deeds among the Gentiles.

2 Sing to him, yea sing praises to him: relate all his wondrous works.

3 Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the Lord.

4 Seek ye the Lord, and be strengthened: seek his face evermore.

5 Remember his marvellous works which he hath done; his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth.

6 O ye seed of Abraham his servant; ye sons of Jacob his chosen.

7 He is the Lord our God: his judgments are in all the earth.

8 He hath remembered his covenant for ever: the word which he commanded to a thousand generations.

9 Which he made to Abraham; and his oath to Isaac:

10 And he appointed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting testament:

11 Saying: To thee will I give the land of Chanaan, the lot of your inheritance.

12 When they were but a small number: yea very few, and sojourners therein:

13 And they passed from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people.

14 He suffered no man to hurt them: and he reproved kings for their sakes.

15 Touch ye not my anointed: and do no evil to my prophets.

16 And he called a famine upon the land: and he broke in pieces all the support of bread.

17 He sent a man before them: Joseph, who was sold for a slave.

18 They humbled his feet in fetters: the iron pierced his soul,

19 Until his word came. The word of the Lord inflamed him.

20 The king sent, and he released him: the ruler of the people, and he set him at liberty.

21 He made him master of his house, and ruler of all his possession.

22 That he might instruct his princes as himself, and teach his ancients wisdom.

23 And Israel went into Egypt: and Jacob was a sojourner in the land of Cham.

24 And he increased his people exceedingly: and strengthened them over their enemies,

25 He turned their heart to hate his people: and to deal deceitfully with his servants.

26 He sent Moses his servant: Aaron the man whom he had chosen.

27 He gave them power to show his signs, and his wonders in the land of Cham.

28 He sent darkness, and made it obscure: and grieved not his words.

29 He turned their waters into blood, and destroyed their fish.

30 Their land brought forth frogs, in the inner chambers of their kings.

31 He spoke, and there came divers sorts of flies and sciniphs in all their coasts.

32 He gave them hail for rain, a burning fire in the land.

33 And he destroyed their vineyards and their fig trees: and he broke in pieces the trees of their coasts.

34 He spoke, and the locust came, and the bruchus, of which there was no number.

35 And they devoured all the grass in their land, and consumed all the fruit of their ground.

36 And he slew all the firstborn in their land: the firstfruits of all their labour.

37 And he brought them out with silver and gold: and there was not among their tribes one that was feeble.

38 Egypt was glad when they departed: for the fear of them lay upon them.

39 He spread a cloud for their protection, and fire to give them light in the night.

40 They asked, and the quail came: and he filled them with the bread of heaven.

41 He opened the rock, and waters flowed: rivers ran down in the dry land.

42 Because he remembered his holy word, which he had spoken to his servant Abraham.

43 And he brought forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness.

44 And he gave them the lands of the Gentiles: and they possessed the labours of the people:

45 That they might observe his justifications, and seek after his law.

Psalm 105 (Douay-Rheims)

A confession of the manifold sins and ingratitudes of the Israelites.

Alleluia.

1 Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Who shall declare the powers of the Lord? who shall set forth all his praises?
3 Blessed are they that keep judgment, and do justice at all times.
4 Remember us, O Lord, in the favour of thy people: visit us with thy salvation.
5 That we may see the good of thy chosen, that we may rejoice in the joy of thy nation: that thou mayst be praised with thy inheritance.
6 We have sinned with our fathers: we have acted unjustly, we have wrought iniquity.
7 Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt: they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies: And they provoked to wrath going up to the sea, even the Red Sea.
8 And he saved them for his own name's sake: that he might make his power known.
9 And he rebuked the Red Sea and it was dried up: and he led them through the depths, as in a wilderness.
10 And he saved them from the hand of them that hated them: and he redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
11 And the water covered them that afflicted them: there was not one of them left.
12 And they believed his words: and they sang his praises.
13 They had quickly done, they forgot his works: and they waited not for his counsel.
14 And they coveted their desire in the desert: and they tempted God in the place without water.
15 And he gave them their request: and sent fulness into their souls.
16 And they provoked Moses in the camp, Aaron the holy one of the Lord.
17 The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan: and covered the congregation of Abiron.
18 And a fire was kindled in their congregation: the flame burned the wicked.
19 They made also a calf in Horeb: and they adored the graven thing.
20 And they changed their glory into the likeness of a calf that eateth grass.
21 They forgot God, who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt,
22 Wondrous works in the land of Cham: terrible things in the Red Sea.
23 And he said that he would destroy them: had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach: To turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
24 And they set at nought the desirable land. They believed not his word,
25 And they murmured in their tents: they hearkened not to the voice of the Lord.
26 And he lifted up his hand over them: to overthrow them in the desert;
27 And to cast down their seed among the nations, and to scatter them in the countries.
28 They also were initiated to Beelphegor: and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
[color="#808080"][size=1]Initiated... That is, they dedicated, or consecrated themselves to the idol of the Moabites and Madianites, called Beelphegor, or Baal-Peor (Numbers 25:3). -- Ibid. The dead... Viz., idols without life.
[/size][/color] 29 And they provoked him with their inventions: and destruction was multiplied among them.
30 Then Phinees stood up, and pacified him: and the slaughter ceased.
31 And it was reputed to him unto justice, to generation and generation for evermore.
32 They provoked him also at the waters of contradiction: and Moses was afflicted for their sakes:
33 Because they exasperated his spirit. And he distinguished with his lips.
[color="#C0C0C0"][size=1]He distinguished with his lips... Moses, by occasion of the people's rebellion and incredulity, was guilty of distinguishing with his lips; when, instead of speaking to the rock, as God had commanded, he said to the people, with a certain hesitation in his faith, Hear ye, rebellious and incredulous: Can we from this rock bring out water for you? (Numbers 20:10)
[/size][/color] 34 They did not destroy the nations of which the Lord spoke unto them.
35 And they were mingled among the heathens, and learned their works:
36 And served their idols, and it became a stumbling block to them.
37 And they sacrificed their sons, and their daughters to devils.
38 And they shed innocent blood: the blood of their sons and of their daughters which they sacrificed to the idols of Chanaan. And the land was polluted with blood,
39 And was defiled with their works: and they went aside after their own inventions.
40 And the Lord was exceedingly angry with his people: and he abhorred his inheritance.
41 And he delivered them into the hands of the nations: and they that hated them had dominion over them.
42 And their enemies afflicted them: and they were humbled under their hands:
43 Many times did he deliver them. But they provoked him with their counsel: and they were brought low by their iniquities.
44 And he saw when they were in tribulation: and he heard their prayer.
45 And he was mindful of his covenant: and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
46 And he gave them unto mercies, in the sight of all those that had made them captives.
47 Save us, O Lord, our God: and gather us from among the nations: That we may give thanks to thy holy name, and may glory in thy praise.
48 Blessed be the Lord the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say: So be it, so be it.

Amen.

Psalms 106:1  Alleluia. Give glory to the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2  Who shall declare the powers of the Lord? who shall set forth all his praises?
3  Blessed are they that keep judgment, and do justice at all times.
4  Remember us, O Lord, in the favour of thy people: visit us with thy salvation.
5  That we may see the good of thy chosen, that we may rejoice in the joy of thy nation: that thou mayst be praised with thy inheritance.
6  We have sinned with our fathers: we have acted unjustly, we have wrought iniquity.
7  Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt: they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies: And they provoked to wrath going up to the sea, even the Red Sea.
8  And he saved them for his own name's sake: that he might make his power known.
9  And he rebuked the Red Sea, and it was dried up: and he led them through the depths, as in a wilderness.
10  And he saved them from the hand of them that hated them: and he redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
11  And the water covered them that afflicted them: there was not one of them left.
12  And they believed his words: and they sang his praises.
13  They had quickly done, they forgot his works: and they waited not for his counsels.
14  And they coveted their desire in the desert: and they tempted God in the place without water.
15  And he gave them their request: and sent fulness into their souls.
16  And they provoked Moses in the camp, Aaron the holy one of the Lord.
17  The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan: and covered the congregation of Abiron.
18  And a fire was kindled in their congregation: the flame burned the wicked.
19  They made also a calf in Horeb: and they adored the graven thing.
20  And they changed their glory into the likeness of a calf that eateth grass.
21  They forgot God, who saved them, who had done great things in Egypt,
22  wondrous works in the land of Cham: terrible things in the Red Sea.
23  And he said that he would destroy them: had not Moses his chosen stood before him in the breach: To turn away his wrath, lest he should destroy them.
24  And they set at nought the desirable land. They believed not his word,
25  and they murmured in their tents: they hearkened not to the voice of the Lord.
26  And he lifted up his hand over them: to overthrow them in the desert;
27  And to cast down their seed among the nations, and to scatter them in the countries.
28  They also were initiated to Beelphegor: and ate the sacrifices of the dead.
29  And they provoked him with their inventions: and destruction was multiplied among them.
30  Then Phinees stood up, and pacified him: and the slaughter ceased.
31  And it was reputed to him unto justice, to generation and generation for evermore.
32  They provoked him also at the waters of contradiction: and Moses was afflicted for their sakes:
32  They provoked him also at the waters of contradiction: and Moses was afflicted for their sakes:
33  because they exasperated his spirit. And he distinguished with his lips.
34  They did not destroy the nations of which the Lord spoke unto them.
35  And they were mingled among the heathens, and learned their works:
36  and served their idols, and it became a stumblingblock to them.
37  And they sacrificed their sons, and their daughters to devils.
38  And they shed innocent blood: the blood of their sons and of their daughters which they sacrificed to the idols of Chanaan. And the land was polluted with blood,
39  and was defiled with their works: and they went aside after their own inventions.
40  And the Lord was exceedingly angry with his people: and he abhorred his inheritance.
41  And he delivered them into the hands of the nations: and they that hated them had dominion over them.
42  And their enemies afflicted them: and they were humbled under their hands:
43  many times did he deliver them. But they provoked him with their counsel: and they were brought low by their iniquities.
44  And he saw when they were in tribulation: and he heard their prayer.
45  And he was mindful of his covenant: and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.
46  And he gave them unto mercies, in the sight of all those that had made them captives.
47  Save us, O Lord, our God: and gather us from among nations: That we may give thanks to thy holy name, and may glory in thy praise.
48  Blessed be the Lord the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting: and let all the people say: So be it, so be it.

Edited by Rod