An Old School Catholic Message Board

Grinding

Resurrexi

The dance style known as "grinding"  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1939366' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:25 PM'][img]http://gallery.dirtyhandschoppers.com/gallery/albums/Posters/this_will_not_end_well.jpg[/img][/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Although you posting a picture of an adulterous relationship is an opportunity for scandal.

For shame :ohno:

:mellow:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938980' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:40 PM']I didn't want my real age in my profile, so I chose the date of an important papal document.[/quote]

I think you used to have your real age on your profile. You're 2011, right?

Groo the Wanderer

Boo hiss! False misleading title! I call foul!

For us l33t h4x0r gaming nerds, grinding is farming an area or a mission over and over and over to gain experience or gold or whatnot.

Not a sin unless it leads one to not do his homework :whistle:

As for the other...I only do the gopher dance from Caddyshack

[img]http://www.gifbin.com/bin/op5q438op7.gif[/img]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1939750' date='Aug 3 2009, 02:13 PM']"Grinding" is simply a public lap dance.[/quote]

I concur!

Nihil Obstat

[quote]2352 By masturbation is to be understood the deliberate stimulation of the genital organs in order to derive sexual pleasure. "Both the Magisterium of the Church, in the course of a constant tradition, and the moral sense of the faithful have been in no doubt and have firmly maintained that masturbation is an intrinsically and gravely disordered action."137 "The deliberate use of the sexual faculty, for whatever reason, outside of marriage is essentially contrary to its purpose." For here sexual pleasure is sought outside of "the sexual relationship which is demanded by the moral order and in which the total meaning of mutual self-giving and human procreation in the context of true love is achieved."138[/quote]

I think the question in this is the underlying purpose of grinding. Is it 'just to have fun', or is it in order to arouse either of the participants. If it's the latter, which I tend to think it is, then I'd put grinding on the same level as masturbation, making it inherently grave matter.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1939844' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:25 PM']I think the question in this is the underlying purpose of grinding. Is it 'just to have fun', or is it in order to arouse either of the participants. If it's the latter, which I tend to think it is, then I'd put grinding on the same level as masturbation, making it inherently grave matter.[/quote]

What if the purpose is just to have fun?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1939847' date='Aug 3 2009, 03:27 PM']What if the purpose is just to have fun?[/quote]
Then it's yet another example of society perverting and cheapening sexuality, which clearly underscores just how far gone western culture is.

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1939850' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:29 PM']Then it's yet another example of society perverting and cheapening sexuality, which clearly underscores just how far gone western culture is.[/quote]

I guess I'm pushing western culture then... lol Oh well, it's fun, and it would've gone down anyways. ;)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1939844' date='Aug 3 2009, 04:25 PM']I think the question in this is the underlying purpose of grinding. Is it 'just to have fun', or is it in order to arouse either of the participants. If it's the latter, which I tend to think it is, then I'd put grinding on the same level as masturbation, making it inherently grave matter.[/quote]

I don't think one's "intention" could completely be a factor in a case such as this. Let me see if I can explain. Say a girl walks around very immodestly dressed (I don't want to give any details because some guys are very visual creatures). Her intention may just be to look "cute" or "just to have fun". While her intention may not be to cause arousal, it's more than likely that men are going to find her style of dress very arousing. I could say the same thing applies to this type of dancing. It may be the intention of the dancer to just have fun and not arouse their dance partner. But from the majority of guys I know, such dancing is going to cause sexual arousal. Having a good intention doesn't make an act okay, read Veritatis Splendor for further explanation.

Noel's angel

Regardless of intent, it is still one person rubbing their crotch against another person....where's the morality in that?

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1939886' date='Aug 3 2009, 06:00 PM']Regardless of intent, it is still one person rubbing their crotch against another person....where's the morality in that?[/quote]

That's when you ignore the question. ;)

[quote name='StColette' post='1939862' date='Aug 3 2009, 03:38 PM']I don't think one's "intention" could completely be a factor in a case such as this. Let me see if I can explain. Say a girl walks around very immodestly dressed (I don't want to give any details because some guys are very visual creatures). Her intention may just be to look "cute" or "just to have fun". While her intention may not be to cause arousal, it's more than likely that men are going to find her style of dress very arousing. I could say the same thing applies to this type of dancing. It may be the intention of the dancer to just have fun and not arouse their dance partner. But from the majority of guys I know, such dancing is going to cause sexual arousal. Having a good intention doesn't make an act okay, read Veritatis Splendor for further explanation.[/quote]

:yes: