An Old School Catholic Message Board

Grinding

Resurrexi

The dance style known as "grinding"  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1939000' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:12 PM']Meatloaf is delicious.[/quote]

:yes:
Especially mine :)

[img]http://www.tool-net.co.uk/data/tools/angrey4640-2.jpg[/img]

[quote]Its butt sex with clothes on. = evil.[/quote]
:lol:

Edited by Kitty

icelandic_iceskater

I voted mortal, assuming you're talking objectively.

Buuuuut really, I think it varies from person to person... not everyone gets stimulated in the same ways, or to the same level. Some may have pure intentions, some may not know it's wrong. And... it could be done two married couples... who go clubbing. lol.

KnightofChrist

Such 'dancing' is grossly immoral. No matter the age or the status relationship of the dancers. It is a further example of the utter dishonor men show to the dignity of women. Making himself lower than the dust, by robbing women of their virtue for turning them into mere sexual objects.

It is 'fun' because it simulates sex, and is perverse.

Faithful Catholics, faithful Christians can not honorably take part in such offenses chastity. It is a immoral act committed by immoral people.

[quote name='curtins' post='1939010' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:24 PM']I'm really surprised that more people didn't vote this as a grave matter. It definitely is. Its dry sex people, sex with your clothes on. Take away the pounding rap music (which is scandalous enough in itself) and turn the lights on and there would be no question that a guy trying to shove himself up a girl's butt is clearly a bit more serious than a venial sin. Trust me I've been to plenty of proms and such over high school to see how vile this act really is. I wrote a letter to my vice principal as a freshman because I was so disgusted with this at my freshman social. There's no way this can even be disguised as anything less than a serious matter. Its butt sex with clothes on. = evil.[/quote]

It's not dry sex. As I said before, I've danced like that when I was in high school, and it was never a scenario where the guy was trying to get his junk in my trunk, if you will. I think Jesus_lol and I are on the same page about this; it's not a huge, sexual thing that gets everyone hot and bothered. Some people do it for that reason, and in that case I'd say yes, it is sinful...but [i]typically[/i], when it's just a bunch of friends being silly at a dance, they're just holding each other close. Intention is everything, IMHO.

Intention is not everything. There are lots of sins that people commit with good intentions... that doesn't make the action not sinful. Actions DO have objective moral value. Whether someone doing it has full moral culpability is questionable... but it is an action that objectively speaking, is mocking sexuality, even if it doesn't arouse those involved.

I think it's sad that anyone thinks its not objectively sexual in nature. That just goes to show how desensitized we are as a society. I don't think someone could have a "pure" intention doing that... maybe they don't know it's wrong, but their intentions are certainly not pure. I mean... seriously would Our Lady do that?

Gregoriana of Nyssa

I first saw this kind of thing going on at a CHRISTIAN college (in 1991). It wasn't "butt sex," BTW, but they did rub against each other, and it sure looked like the only thing keeping these people from actual sex was their clothes. I have enough trouble with PDA's, without watching people practically having sex while dancing. Fortunately, it was only a few people doing it; most people danced a foot or two apart, except during slow dances.

The Bus Station

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1939126' date='Aug 2 2009, 05:19 PM']My prom was during the disco era. The only grinding going on was with the floor.[/quote]

LOL

I think every faithful Catholic knows, deep down, that grinding is all about sex, and wrong. I've been to several parties where I've had the opportunity and I've never given in -- though it becomes very tempting. I mean, everyone else is doing it, so it can't be that bad right? :no: unfortunately, that's the mentality.

edited for grammar :)

Edited by The Bus Station

[quote name='curtins' post='1939010' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:24 PM']I'm really surprised that more people didn't vote this as a grave matter. It definitely is. Its dry sex people, sex with your clothes on. Take away the pounding rap music (which is scandalous enough in itself) and turn the lights on and there would be no question that a guy trying to shove himself up a girl's butt is clearly a bit more serious than a venial sin. Trust me I've been to plenty of proms and such over high school to see how vile this act really is. I wrote a letter to my vice principal as a freshman because I was so disgusted with this at my freshman social. There's no way this can even be disguised as anything less than a serious matter. Its butt sex with clothes on. = evil.[/quote]

I fully agree with this comment.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1938984' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:45 PM']it isnt as much fun. i never did much of that in junior high, i was too shy. only once with a girl i had a huge crush on. later on in life, like end of highschool and graduated i have more often. its just fun, and nothing ever came of it.[/quote]

[img]http://gallery.dirtyhandschoppers.com/gallery/albums/Posters/this_will_not_end_well.jpg[/img]