An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

FutureSister2009

I'm leaving for my Retreat in Maryland tonight. It will be nice to have a night off campus. Plus I get to stay in a Convent! WHOOT! I won't be able to post until maybe Sunday if I'm not too busy because I won't be back until tomorrow night. But y'all will hear about it soon! I'm excited!

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316722860' post='2308631']

I have another friend, who posts here from time to time, that is re-entering her religious order next June. Hopefully, I won't be too far behind (God-willing), but it's hard letting go of your friends. I can only imagine the difficulty of separation of parents from their children. If friendship partings hurt, think how badly parents ache when their child flies the nest. My mom is trying to be really supportive and strong, which I admire, but I know that she is going to have a difficult time when I do finally fly the nest. She struggled when my younger sister left for college. :blush:
[/quote]
I get so jealous every time a friend leaves. I try not to, but I suppose it is natural. I have so many years ahead of myself before I finally (hopefully) enter. I know I still have much to learn and I hope to grow much more spiritually before the time comes. I am glad that I am not the youngest in my family. It would be so hard to leave my parents knowing that they would be "alone" after raising kids for 30 years My younger siblings get to deal with that. :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1316794460' post='2308955']
I am supposed to be writing my Vocation Story for my blog but don't know how in the world I will find the time... :sigh:
[/quote]
I am excited!!!!!!! Good Luck!

[quote name='i&lt;3franciscans' timestamp='1316889998' post='2309305']
I am excited!!!!!!! Good Luck![/quote]

Thanks. Prayers please. I am sick and have been since this morning. I hope I get better in time for church and religious ed.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1316900842' post='2309356']
Thanks. Prayers please. I am sick and have been since this morning. I hope I get better in time for church and religious ed.
[/quote]

Yes, many prayers. I cam eback from Mass this morning and was very tired and couldn't figure out why, but after a nap I woke up to realise that I am actually sick, not just tired! I didn't know it because I'm hardly ever sick (I don't count migraines as sick). Anyway, had some painkillers, a cup of tea etc, and just glad to be off work for a couple of days now.

So I empathise with you being sick!! Take care of yourself.

FutureSister2009

I have returned! I had such an amazing Retreat! I'm posting in here even though it wasn't a Vocational Retreat. We discussed the Beauty of Womanhood, Real beauty not hot or sexy but true genuine beauty. We are all beautiful because we are God's creation. I learned quite a lot.

And I met the Oblate Sisters of St. Francis DeSales. They are wonderful. We slept over in the school and it was quite comfortable actually. It was so nice of them to let us come and stay over. They were very hospitable and we got to help them out a little bit too. I think I'll post more in my blog.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1316951907' post='2309687']

Yes, many prayers. I cam eback from Mass this morning and was very tired and couldn't figure out why, but after a nap I woke up to realise that I am actually sick, not just tired! I didn't know it because I'm hardly ever sick (I don't count migraines as sick). Anyway, had some painkillers, a cup of tea etc, and just glad to be off work for a couple of days now.

So I empathise with you being sick!! Take care of yourself.
[/quote]

I wonder if there is something going around like pollen. I had the beginnings of a bad sinus headache in Mass today and I've been getting it off and on. It's like a throbbing pain in my temple area. Hopefully, I'm not getting sick. :(

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1316972085' post='2309794']

I wonder if there is something going around like pollen. I had the beginnings of a bad sinus headache in Mass today and I've been getting it off and on. It's like a throbbing pain in my temple area. Hopefully, I'm not getting sick. :(
[/quote]

Well, if you are, at least you'll be over it by November!!

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1316975576' post='2309826']

Well, if you are, at least you'll be over it by November!!
[/quote]

:hehe:

Let's hope so!

Allergy season has hit us early this year in the midwest I've been snorking and dealing with headaches for about 3 weeks now. Once we have our first frost and the leaves start dropping, my nose starts dripping. A very attractive word picture, eh?!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1316981454' post='2309980']
Allergy season has hit us early this year in the midwest I've been snorking and dealing with headaches for about 3 weeks now. Once we have our first frost and the leaves start dropping, my nose starts dripping. A very attractive word picture, eh?!
[/quote]

Must be the change of seasons. We are getting a false spring for a few days (hot winds) then the chill hits again and the rain, then sun again. The plants are trying to bloom but they don't know what's going on either. so yes the pollen is high!

laetitia crucis

Hello all! :bananahi:

My apologies for not being around as much as I had hoped :paperbag: -- I had a bad stomach virus from Wednesday - Saturday. To say the least, it was [b]not[/b] pretty!

I was hoping to answer all the questions asked in the other thread, but alas, time is running fast! If I'm lucky, I'll try to stop in briefly tomorrow to answer anything quick ones from that thread -- I leave the house at 11am for the airport.

Anyhoo -- just wanted to pass on some exciting details before I go....

Drum roll pa-leeeeease......

:bounce:

:popcorn2:

So..... On Thursday (September 29th -- the Feast of the Archangels) I'll be clothed in the holy habit of St. Dominic and will be named....

:whistle:

:pigsfly:

Sr. Mary Catherine! :shock:

Vee, did you have a coronary??? :hehe2: All I can say is, "She [Catherine of Siena] got me, man. [i]She[/i] totally got me."

[img]http://www.reocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/7278/mshannonpics/mkgallagherarmsup.jpg[/img]

God has a good sense of humor. :saint2: Aaaand yes, I am happy and at peace about it. :winner:

I will have a two year novitiate (first year is canonical) and then (God willing, that is -- please keep me in your prayers! :beg: ) will profess First Vows. One Professed then I'll have yearly home visits -- hopefully I'll be able to stop in more often! :nun:

You all remain in my prayers!!

God love you! :blowkiss: