An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351644171' post='2500693']
listen, if all you can muster is one-liner responses, don't post 7 minute videos with 5 major points (the first one being the most important and actually consisting of two separate issues worthy of being divided into 1a and 1b). I took the time to go through them all, I even took the time to DEFEND you against accusations that you were just a troll, and the biggest thing you've participated in proving me wrong on is the opposition to the accusation of your trolldom. You're making it very hard for me to convince people you're not just a troll, but I'm still trying because on some level I think you are sincere...
[/quote]

I am sincere on every level, I just don't run off the mouth too much. It's not my style. Sorry if you don't like me, but nobody is liked by everybody. That is life.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1351644538' post='2500701']
Al, and others are over thinking and over analyzing the bite for President.

It's either Romney or Obama. Period. It's a very close race so a group of votes matters.

There is no way that Democrats and Obama will be better for pro-life issues. I'll concede it may be possible Romney isn't ideal. I didn't vote for him in the PrimAries

Worst case choice is:
A -known pro-abortion
or
B -possible pro-abortion

Twisting it up into a huge political scheme is not applicable.

Some of us see it as a clear decision as that and see the arguments against that as fantastical, biased, erroneous, specious, false, mistaken, egregious, etc.

It's frustrating and deeply painful when we see the possibility of a minor victory against attacks on the lives of powerless in-womb persons lost because people we think share our ideals won't vote with us.

When I was concerned with a post death judgement, I was afraid to respond to God that I was afraid to make a mistake and risk my soul when deciding whether to act in the most helpful way to protect the voiceless innocents. It reminds me of the Parable where the Master beats the servant who buried the talents for fear if losing them.
[/quote]
This, exactly.

[quote]It's frustrating and deeply painful when we see the possibility of a minor victory against attacks on the lives of powerless in-womb persons lost because people we think share our ideals won't vote with us.[/quote]
This, more exactly.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351645034' post='2500719']
Well, your liberal gentle style speaks for itself, anyone reading your comment will see who is the attention whore here. I'd rather be whatever I am, than some of the humanoids around here.
[/quote]
I've never made a secret of my attention-whorishness. My naked honesty makes me respectable. I'm a Companion, like Inara Sara. [mod]MIKolbe- Personal Attack[/mod]
I've already shown you the light of Bastiat. You'd rather stay in the darkness with Glenn Beck and that Ann Coulter crypt thing. You omnipotent moral busybodies need to grow a pair and do your own enforcement.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351645338' post='2500725']
I've never made a secret of my attention-whorishness. My naked honesty makes me respectable. I'm a Companion, like Inara Sara. You're a common street-walker.

I've already shown you the light of Bastiat. You'd rather stay in the darkness with Glenn Beck and that Ann Coulter crypt thing. You omnipotent moral busybodies need to grow a pair and do your own enforcement.
[/quote]
Your words are colorful and complex.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351645532' post='2500728']
Your words are colorful and complex.
[/quote]
I am not a good person, but I'm a loyal friend.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351644147' post='2500692']
If by "won't happen again", you mean you won't post, I think I owe Red a Cadillac.

On a serious note, you obviously have more than a few attention whore chromosomes mixed in whatever passes as human cellular material, so yeah, ya need us. I think you'd thrive on a banhammer, though. You'd go to some other forum and [i][color=#ff0000]beesh[/color][/i] about how a bunch of liberal cafeteria Catholics unwilling to fellate the Great Saint Romney kicked you off the site. I bet there's some asperger Catholic site where your style of communication seems normal, but this ain't it.
[/quote]

I will name my child after you in honor of this amesome post.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1351644975' post='2500716']
Anomaly, am I seriously the only one that doesn't want to keep re-hashing the same one-liner about who we should or shouldn't vote for and address the points made by the video in the original post??? Am I the only one that watched the original post? (sorry dUSt I haven't watched your video yet, I've already been ignored enough for actually responding to all the points in one video I probably shouldn't add a second video to address unless these points get discussed...)

[b]1a[/b] is partial birth abortion/the born alive act
[b]1b[/b] is Obama-care and funding for abortions etc
[b]2 [/b]is same-sex marriage
[b]3 [/b]is Israel, Iran, and the nuclear issue
[b]4 [/b]is Freedom of speech, which in the conclusion is further elaborated into the censorship of the internet
[b]5 [/b]is the economy

Seriously, just take one of the points and discuss it, you don't have to try to discuss them all; but those were the five points made by the video in the original post and I was given to understand that those would therefore be the issue of this thread... simplistic exhortations to vote one way or another are therefore actually off-topic; perhaps people will decide their votes after analysis of a discussion on the 5 points made by the video, but that could only happen if we bothered to discuss the 5 points of the video, right???
[/quote]

Splitting the hair in four will not help anybody, it resembles the famous phrase, "What is, is." The video is self explanatory and cannot be any clearer. It seems anything political goes to the debate table automatically. Sorry if you feel misunderstood but if you have any confusion about the youtube posted above listen to it again.

so what I'm gathering is that the video in the original post is not at all the topic of this post? That we're not going to discuss the 5 points made by that video at all?

Freedom, I never said I didn't like you; I said that many of your posts aren't useful. Many posts in favor of my own position have been unuseful as well either over the course of this particular argument and over the course of various arguments over the years on phatmass, that doesn't mean I don't like the posters who make them. I like dUSt, for instance, but his posts over this issue have been a mixed bag, I'd say 70% of them have been relatively useless... but that leaves 30% or so that have been useful, which is more than I could say for your posts IMO. Winchester, on my side, has mostly had relatively useless comments lol, though a few have been useful as well; perhaps the antithesis of dUSt in that regard.

What frustrates me more than anything is not when people disagree with me, but when people refuse to post any substantial arguments

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351644889' post='2500711']
You question my authority!? I will have you taunted.
[/quote]

I don't question your authority. This is your sandbox...do with it what you wish. I'm just question the equity of your benign attitude.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1351645805' post='2500732']

I will name my child after you in honor of this amesome post.
[/quote]
After months of writer's block, you have no idea what that means, to me.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351645338' post='2500725']
I've never made a secret of my attention-whorishness. My naked honesty makes me respectable. I'm a Companion, like Inara Sara. [mod]MIKolbe- Personal Attack[/mod]

[/quote]

Are you really calling me a [mod]MIKolbe- Personal Attack[/mod]?

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351645279' post='2500722']
I am sincere on every level, I just don't run off the mouth too much. It's not my style. Sorry if you don't like me, but [s]nobody[/s] [b][color=#ff0000]I [/color][/b]is liked by [s]everybody[/s] [b][color=#ff0000]nobody[/color][/b]. That is life.
[/quote]

Fxd for you :)

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1351645865' post='2500734']

Splitting the hair in four will not help anybody, it resembles the famous phrase, "What is, is." The video is self explanatory and cannot be any clearer. It seems anything political goes to the debate table automatically. Sorry if you feel misunderstood but if you have any confusion about the youtube posted above listen to it again.
[/quote]
Those were the 5 points made by the video... you may disagree with my analysis of them but the video itself is the thing that listed them all out... how is that not the topic for discussion??? Five points made by a youtube video; I responded to them, and everyone kept beEEshing about other complete cArP while ignoring any discussion of those 5 points.