An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is The Mother Of All Youtubes, Watch.

Freedom

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351663423' post='2500981']
His main issue when voting for him is his stance on torture in order to get information.
[/quote]
[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351686291' post='2501070']
Not normally listed, but not negotiable.

Torture is never acceptable.
[/quote]

You are right; I mean it not like Romeny supports torture.....Oh Wait, he does.

[url="http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/03/opinion/la-ed-torture-romney-obama-20121003"]http://articles.lati...-obama-20121003[/url]

[quote]The New York Times recently reported on a memo by a group of Romney legal advisors urging him, if elected, to rescind an executive order issued by Obama that bans "enhanced interrogation techniques" not permitted by the Army Field Manual. And the candidate himself is on record as supporting such a shameful retrenchment. In December, he told reporters that "we'll use enhanced interrogation techniques which go beyond those that are in the military handbook right now." He also said he didn't consider waterboarding torture.[/quote]

But yea; Romney is the perfect candidate for a Catholic to vote for..... :crazy:

Edited by Roamin_Catholic

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351689810' post='2501081']

[url="http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/03/opinion/la-ed-torture-romney-obama-20121003"]http://articles.lati...-obama-20121003[/url]

But yea; Romney is the perfect candidate for a Catholic to vote for..... :crazy:
[/quote]

It's irrelevant anyway. I could never in good conscience hypothetically vote for Virgil Goode. His astoundingly heavy hick accent tempts me to have thoughts of mass-murder, so I don't think listening to him speak a lot for four years will be a good idea.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351665134' post='2501000']
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think dUSt and Freedom are the same person and dUSt is just trolling us for fun.
[/quote]
That is absurd. Freedom is a girl. I am a boy.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351689810' post='2501081']

[/quote]
I don't think anyone would dare call Romney a perfect candidate, but that doesn't preclude his being the best candidate.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351696497' post='2501121']

I don't think anyone would dare call Romney a perfect candidate, but that doesn't preclude his being the best candidate.
[/quote]

Ok. He isn't the best candidate either.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351696712' post='2501129']
Ok. He isn't the best candidate either.
[/quote]
He is the best viable candidate.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351696753' post='2501131']
[/quote]
So sayeth the Oligarchy, so be it!

In a word: Surrender.

He is the best [s]viable[/s] [color=#0000cd]electable [/color]candidate [color=#0000cd]in the 2012 Presidential Election[/color].
[/quote]
Fxd.

Roamin Catholic

[/quote]

a 3rd party candidate can be viable as well. If we aren't afraid to put on the effort to make them viable

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1351696848' post='2501132']
So sayeth the Oligarchy, so be it!

In a word: Surrender.
[/quote]
Why don't all of you advocating throwing away a vote get together and organize something that might actually make a true statement for voting according to your morals?

Why not just write in Cardinal Timothy Dolan? Imagine if just 1% of the population wrote in Timothy Dolan, and the election was decided by that close of a margin. Now that might actually make an impact.

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1351696973' post='2501137']
a 3rd party candidate can be viable as well. If we aren't afraid to put on the effort to make them viable
[/quote]
I don't disagree, but that should have started a long time ago during the primaries. At this point, they are [b]not[/b] viable. This go around, it failed. Try again next time. But now it's time to exercise prudence and make a vote that will actually have an affect.

MissScripture

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351697193' post='2501142']
I don't disagree, but that should have started a long time ago during the primaries. At this point, they are [b]not[/b] viable. This go around, it failed. Try again next time. But now it's time to exercise prudence and make a vote that will actually have an affect.
[/quote]
And when you live where we do, that will be a 3rd party vote, instead of blindly voting for the Republican candidate, merely because he isn't Obama. Our state will go Obama. It isn't even a question. So what's the point on throwing away our vote on Romney?

homeschoolmom

The best way to have a viable third party presidential candidate is to work towards building strong third parties from the grassroots up-- ie electing them to local offices first. Unfortunately, that takes time that most people are not interested in investing.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1351697193' post='2501142']
[/quote]

I can not in good conscience get myself to vote for romney. At the emd of the day, I'm at peace with mydecision, and I doubt God is upset at me that I'm voting 3rd party..