An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keeping Points....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

shelly_freak

thats cool, i should make my brother play with me. seeing as i have a tennis crt across the street

RemnantRules

Mrs. Bro Adam that's crazy b/c i started playing tennis too this summer!!! it def get you in shape and you get to learn a really fun game!

well so far this summer i'm plus 5!!! i just need 5-10 more points!!!

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Tell ya what, RemanantRules, if you're ever in my part of the neighborhood, we'll definitely have to play a few games ;)

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Good job, Icabus!

I'm not sure what I'm at, I've trained myself to only look once a week.

RemnantRules

well i live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, if you are near there then i can shoot ya a Private Message otherwise, we might see later on if i'm near ya.

hey all this sounds like a great idea. I really need to lose the wieght. I nedd to lose at least 12 pounds before I get to 125lbs which is were I"d like to be at. I will keep in touch on if I"ve lost any pounds. This is a really cool site btw.

AngelofJesus

I need to loose a gazillion. How does one pray to loose weight? How does know that help has arrived? Why do I need to loose weight when God loves me the way I am. Would he love me more if i did? I sometimes think that losing weight makes me more accepted by society. I am not enormous, but I am big. I want to lose vain pride so I can loose weight in humility. Is it possible? Im off the subject huh. Help... anyway?

cmotherofpirl

I amm so confused....
I ate tons of cheeseburger pizza and I lose two pounds???

Satan invented diets!!

Mrs. Bro. Adam

AngelofJesus:

The reason why a lot of people need to lose weight is because we've abused the bodies we've been given by our Creator. These bodies are not our own, they're on loan to us from God.

We're to do our best to keep in shape, and to keep foreign objects (cigarettes, drugs) out of our bodies.

AngelofJesus

[quote]The reason why a lot of people need to lose weight is because we've abused the bodies we've been given by our Creator. These bodies are not our own, they're on loan to us from God.

We're to do our best to keep in shape, and to keep foreign objects (cigarettes, drugs) out of our bodies.[/quote]

Thats true. Does society play a part in our decision to lose weight? I need to get in shape to keep up with my 20month old, but sadly I think 50% of the reason is so I could look good. Does anyone share the same sentiment?

Mrs. Bro. Adam

For me, I've wanted to get back to my 'immediately after Basic Training' figure that I had. I let myself go for this last year and suffered a lot of stress. For me, it's so I can feel good about myself, but I do know and understand where you're coming from.

Ash Wednesday

Hey,
I just started the South Beach diet today. I'm wary of "low carb" emphasized diets but this one sounds good because it's not necessarily low carb and low fat. It's about eating good carbs (whole grains) instead of bad ones (processed sugar). I packed on a few pounds after my mom died, I was kinda depressed and didn't care about what I ate. I did continue exercise (martial arts) though, so I didn't become a blimp. But my clothes are a little too tight.

:rolleyes: