An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keeping Points....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

i learned today in health that you should lose about 1-3 pounds per week if your on a good workout routine. this is with a trainer and stuff so dont expect to lost 1-3 pounds a week... dont feel discouraged if your not sweating the pounds away!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='marielapin' date='Jun 25 2004, 04:16 PM'] I've gained 30 pts between last Thursday and today. [/quote]
Dropping a human being out of your body doesn't count, silly!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 26 2004, 03:11 PM'] Dropping a human being out of your body doesn't count, silly! [/quote]
I know, but I have no other reference point to start counting from! :P I could subtract the size of my baby but then I would need to subtract the weight of the placenta, etc. and I don't know those weights.

I gained a ton of water weight the last five weeks of my pregnancy, so most of those points (over half) I'm sure came from that.

I still have about 10 points to earn before I get to my pre-pregnancy weight and 10-15 more points to earn on top of that to get to my "optimal" weight for my height and frame size.

By the way I'm now at 32 points. :lol:

I understand what you're feeling Mrs. Bro. Adam. I've lost 25 pounds since January. I stopped eating well this month and I'm starting to feel it, so it's time to get back on the wagon and lose the rest of it. We can do it!

[quote name='Carrie' date='Jun 28 2004, 08:54 AM'] Ok, I'm in as of today!

I think I need to gain about 30 points to be at my ideal weight.

Long way to go :P [/quote]
Hey!!! We can cancel each other out. I have to lose about 30 pts. to be the ideal weight for my height!!!!!

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 28 2004, 02:49 PM'] Hey!!! We can cancel each other out. I have to lose about 30 pts. to be the ideal weight for my height!!!!! [/quote]
oh, i'm so jealous!

1337 k4th0l1x0r

An update:

I haven't really been keeping up with my points, but I have lost about 8 pounds (I'm guessing since I measured myself at 199 last Thursday, and I started out at 206) and I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes yesterday, only ending the run due to the fact that I would get really dehydrated if I ran any further. I'm going to run 4 miles Wednesday and do a short (maybe 2 mile) run Thursday before resting up for Sunday. I've gotta be able to make it 6.2 miles. I want to try to get it in under an hour. Wish me luck!