An Old School Catholic Message Board

Keeping Points....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 29 2004, 04:48 PM'] An update:

I haven't really been keeping up with my points, but I have lost about 8 pounds (I'm guessing since I measured myself at 199 last Thursday, and I started out at 206) and I ran 4 miles in 35 minutes yesterday, only ending the run due to the fact that I would get really dehydrated if I ran any further. I'm going to run 4 miles Wednesday and do a short (maybe 2 mile) run Thursday before resting up for Sunday. I've gotta be able to make it 6.2 miles. I want to try to get it in under an hour. Wish me luck! [/quote]
That's great! :D You should bring some water or Gatorade with you on your next run.

God bless,

Jen

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 16 2004, 04:10 PM'] OK, up to 3 weight points (I think it was all that travel, turns out I didn't eat junk, but my schedule totally changed on me while I was there, got up earlier, etc., so chances are I'll end up losing a point or 2....) and up to 2 health/exercise points (lots of eating healthier but no exercise except one day I took a walk, but I lost half a point because Matt got me Wendy's..... ugh. I need more motivation to exercise! lol). [/quote]
Haha. That sounds just like me. I'll exercise and then eat junk food. My weight is fine the way it is now, and I could actually gain a pound or two, but I'm in horrible physical shape in that I've lost a lot of stamina. I just feel better -- mentally and physically -- when I exercise. I think my goals on this thread will be to exercise more and generally eat healthier.

Hey, do you take little Adrienne for walks in her stroller? That could be fun for the both of you! :)

God bless,

Jen

Mrs. Bro. Adam

I lost a lot of points yesterday :( I ate a supersized value meal from Arby's with a large mozz sticks :(

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Jun 30 2004, 03:57 PM'] I lost a lot of points yesterday :( I ate a supersized value meal from Arby's with a large mozz sticks :( [/quote]
oh my...sounds delicious. I'm already craving candy.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

I'm sorry.

Well...I'm to the point where I"m only weighing myself once a week... It seems to get me to eat less and more healthy...

I've heard weighing yourself once a week is ideal. Weighing yourself everyday isn't good because we can fluctuate alot day to day and that can make us lose motivation. So you're doing great!

Are you using any sort of particular diet? Or just eating better and excersing?

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Well....I've realized that I eat food for comfort. Once I stopped doing that, I was stunned by how much less I really eat.

I don't go out to restaurants as much, and when I do, I try to order the 'healthiest' thing on the menu. For exercise, I've been playing tennis for at least an hour with my younger brother-in-law. And if I don't play tennis with him, I either play by myself, or I do Tae-bo.

I just am eating a lot healthier, a lot less, and exerciser a lot more.

I love Tae-bo. I think it's so much fun. I also like Walk away the Pounds. I'm pretty active, so excerise really isn't a problem. I comfort eat too, which is my major problem. I try and do other things than eat when I'm stressed. It's not always easy but I'm working on it.

RemnantRules

well i guess i should jump on this bandwagon. Today i start as 0 points well see how i do in a couple of days.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Well, I give myself +10 points for completing the Peachtree Road Race in under 1:15:00. My final time was 1:12:48, which isn't too bad for only 3 weeks of training leading up to it. I'm going to try to keep in shape (I tell myself that now :)) and train for it again next year, hopefully getting a much better time. I've also lost 12 pounds since I started training, and hopefully can lose another 15 pounds and get back to my 'most in shape ever' weight that I had 2 years ago.

Good luck to everyone else on the points!