cmotherofpirl Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 I amm so confused.... I ate tons of cheeseburger pizza and I lose two pounds??? Satan invented diets!!
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 AngelofJesus: The reason why a lot of people need to lose weight is because we've abused the bodies we've been given by our Creator. These bodies are not our own, they're on loan to us from God. We're to do our best to keep in shape, and to keep foreign objects (cigarettes, drugs) out of our bodies.
AngelofJesus Posted July 26, 2004 Posted July 26, 2004 [quote]The reason why a lot of people need to lose weight is because we've abused the bodies we've been given by our Creator. These bodies are not our own, they're on loan to us from God. We're to do our best to keep in shape, and to keep foreign objects (cigarettes, drugs) out of our bodies.[/quote] Thats true. Does society play a part in our decision to lose weight? I need to get in shape to keep up with my 20month old, but sadly I think 50% of the reason is so I could look good. Does anyone share the same sentiment?
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted July 26, 2004 Author Posted July 26, 2004 For me, I've wanted to get back to my 'immediately after Basic Training' figure that I had. I let myself go for this last year and suffered a lot of stress. For me, it's so I can feel good about myself, but I do know and understand where you're coming from.
Ash Wednesday Posted July 27, 2004 Posted July 27, 2004 Hey, I just started the South Beach diet today. I'm wary of "low carb" emphasized diets but this one sounds good because it's not necessarily low carb and low fat. It's about eating good carbs (whole grains) instead of bad ones (processed sugar). I packed on a few pounds after my mom died, I was kinda depressed and didn't care about what I ate. I did continue exercise (martial arts) though, so I didn't become a blimp. But my clothes are a little too tight.
master_alterserver Posted July 29, 2004 Posted July 29, 2004 Hey...everyone is telling me I have lost weight...but need to find a scale....
ilovechrist Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 i've gained 3 pounds over the summer to weigh @ 150. wow. i sure have been lazy.
Deeds Posted July 30, 2004 Posted July 30, 2004 (edited) I've been losing weight slowly but steadily but I seem to have kind of stopped now. It's really annoying, I've kept up the healthy eating but have stayed the same for about two weeks. Humph. On the plus side, the last time I was at this weight was five years ago and my mum told me yesterday that I was looking really slim (haha, yeah right - not quite at that stage just yet and doubt I ever will be.) Edited July 30, 2004 by Deeds
Ash Wednesday Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 It's late at night and I am somewhat hungry. But I will be good. Tomorrow morning I weigh in. If I didn't lose any weight I'm gonna be really mad.
marielapin Posted July 31, 2004 Posted July 31, 2004 I'm currently at 38 points, but I;ve hit a plateau and will have to work hard to lose the extra 15 pounds. And I can't diet because of the baby so I guess that means I will have to exercise. (Just hauling him around IS exercise)
shelly_freak Posted August 2, 2004 Posted August 2, 2004 yeah i ate like a pig at steubie this weekend so im pretty sure im back at my original weight
Carrie Posted August 2, 2004 Posted August 2, 2004 I haven't checked in here in ages. I've got 3 points. This is going slow.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 2, 2004 Author Posted August 2, 2004 I hear ya! I just can't get past 175! :mad: All I want is to lose weight!!!!! Is that too much to ask?
Carrie Posted August 2, 2004 Posted August 2, 2004 [quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Aug 2 2004, 04:14 PM'] I hear ya! I just can't get past 175! :mad: All I want is to lose weight!!!!! Is that too much to ask? [/quote] not at all! that's all I want too!! we can together about it. I want to move someplace where rounder girls are thought just as beautiful as thin ones.
shelly_freak Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 but u guys are beautiful! there is no reason u should be losing weight if it's for beauties sake, it's what's on the inside that counts. and if its for guys then they arent worth having if they cant accept u as u are. dont let society tell u u need to loose weight
Carrie Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 [quote name='shelly_freak' date='Aug 3 2004, 01:17 AM'] but u guys are beautiful! there is no reason u should be losing weight if it's for beauties sake, it's what's on the inside that counts. and if its for guys then they arent worth having if they cant accept u as u are. dont let society tell u u need to loose weight [/quote] Thanks Shelly, that was really sweet. I could use to lose a little weight to be healthier too, but I have major self-esteem issues about it too. My b/f tells me all the time I'm beautiful the way I am, so it's not because of guys. I just think I'd feel better if I lost it. It's not easy though. But I'll keep trying.
shelly_freak Posted August 3, 2004 Posted August 3, 2004 i know how u feel, i could loose acouple too. mostly so i can fit into clothes better and therefore feel better
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 3, 2004 Author Posted August 3, 2004 Let's just say I'm more out of shape than I should be, and it's cheaper to lose weight than to buy clothes to fit me now. I mostly need to lose for health concerns.
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted August 3, 2004 Author Posted August 3, 2004 [quote name='Carrie' date='Aug 2 2004, 05:31 PM'] not at all! that's all I want too!! we can together about it. I want to move someplace where rounder girls are thought just as beautiful as thin ones. [/quote] I just wanna be able to fit in the clothes that I love...Like my favorite pair of pants!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now