An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World Is Full Of Sheep

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1329076980' post='2385978']
Previous post was an oops.
Mathew works when you realize Jesus had guys with swords in his possee, but chose not to utilize them in this specific instance.
[/quote]
well, when you consider Jesus had principalities of angels at his command, it makes Peter's sword look a little, umm, superfluous. :hehe:

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329080557' post='2386009']
well, when you consider Jesus had principalities of angels at his command, it makes Peter's sword look a little, umm, superfluous. :hehe:
[/quote]God supposedly always had angels, and any one of them individually could make Chuck Norris cry like an third grade girl. :blush:

Matthew does not mean that Jesus preached pascifism, and we aren't talking about Jesus needing protection. If Catholicism is about pascifism, then why does the Pope have Swiss Guard?

rhetor4christ

my best friend was homeschooled. he's so smrt (by way of faith, books, streets, and love).
I went to a parochial school from grades 8-12, and a public school from kindergarten-7.
I'm at a public school now, too. I miss Jesus being allowed in the classrooms in which I teach.

Edited by rhetor4christ

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

my post didn't post, for the better i guess bcoz i have a biblical passage that wil possibly illuminate your plight future priest,that i read recently. 2 Timothy 4:1-3 (good news version) " In the Presence of God and of christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and because he is coming to rule as king, i solemnly urge you to preach the message, to insist upon proclaiming it (whether the time isright or not.), to convince,to reproach, and encourage as you teach with all patience."
But understanding i guess that some are evangelical with the sanctity of there own life,prayer and loving God, but i do reccomend if you are evangelical with your voice in preaching the good news that you have these three attributes too. I guess some are quiet because they can't grasp as to the meaning of the holy word(yet) but still believe in God and the holy roman catholic church. Truely if there is a left and right wing of the church it is not conservative and liberal(which are political terms and not catholic terms as such.) the true left and right wing i believe is one is quiet the other is loud but the wings of the phoenix are held together by the body surely ie the pope,cardinals,bishops,priests and deacons. All i have said here are just musings and more than likely a poor example of what i truely believe in my heart.

Onward christian souls.
Jesus is LORD.

[color=#ffffff]nevermind,[/color]

[color=#ffffff]this should annoy ampax[/color]

Edited by Maximilianus

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1329097355' post='2386136']
[color=#ffffff]nevermind,[/color]

[color=#ffffff]this should annoy ampax[/color]
[/quote]

????

missionseeker

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1329018984' post='2385746']
Well I lold.

Show me a 10-year-old who acts like an adult and I'll show you a 30 year old with a pituitary disorder.

For what it's worth, the vast majority (I'd say 90%+) of 18 year olds do not act like adults. Most 20 years olds, at least most that I know (myself included) don't act like adults. I think it's hard to truly act like an adult until you and you alone have had the responsibility of finding a way to put a roof over your head and food in your belly.
[/quote]

I'm 23, have been putting a roof over my head and food in my belly on my own for three or four years and I still have a hard time acting like an adult.

I've now read all the pages since I last read and boy there were so many twists and turns and trollings that I don't recall all I wanted to say. So a summary of what I can remember wanting to say:
1) I've been on the internet since 3rd grade, now I'll be teaching a college course next year, don't take yourself or anyone else too seriously. I know I have that issue, and more than once I've made myself miserable for it.
2) Winnie uses trolling to try to provoke critical thought, so don't worry too much about it.
3) Ponies are amesome. No, ponies were not in this thread.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329080555' post='2386008']
Not to mention I've worked in a business as a cashier and waiter since I was around seven[/quote]

Wow, someone has been seriously violating federal labor laws and [url="http://www.dol.ks.gov/ES/faq_child.html#parents"]Kansas labor laws[/url] unless those businesses were owned by your parents.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1329158106' post='2386399']
I've now read all the pages since I last read and boy there were so many twists and turns and trollings that I don't recall all I wanted to say. So a summary of what I can remember wanting to say:
1) I've been on the internet since 3rd grade, now I'll be teaching a college course next year, don't take yourself or anyone else too seriously. I know I have that issue, and more than once I've made myself miserable for it.
2) Winnie uses trolling to try to provoke critical thought, so don't worry too much about it.
3) Ponies are amesome. No, ponies were not in this thread.

Wow, someone has been seriously violating federal labor laws and [url="http://www.dol.ks.gov/ES/faq_child.html#parents"]Kansas labor laws[/url] unless those businesses were owned by your parents.
[/quote]

It's a family-owned business. Besides, I don't know what the problem is. Working has made me a better person. It's laws like this that have made our generation the laziest and most ungrateful. The liberals say making a ten year old work is child abuse, but I say making him play all day without making him work is child abuse, because that child will go on to not appreciate what he has, and he will go on to have absolutely no working skills. The only work he knows is the work of avoiding work, and that won't get him anywhere in life except a Union Job.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329158765' post='2386409']
The liberals say making a ten year old work is child abuse, but I say making him play all day without making him work is child abuse, because that child will go on to not appreciate what he has, and he will go on to have absolutely no working skills. The only work he knows is the work of avoiding work, and that won't get him anywhere in life except a Union Job.
[/quote]

Nothing at all wrong with an honest days work, though if i were a parent Id be more concerned with my child focusing on school work especially at that young age. Ive worked since I was 14, I was also homeschooled. I put myself through college with no student loans, but even at 27 its difficult to balance work and schooling,

My children will focus on education, theyll have the rest of their hopefully long lives to work (and take care of me)