rhetor4christ Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Selah' timestamp='1329059444' post='2385904'] All we are asking is give us a piece....of chalk! [/quote] GIVE PIZZA CHANTS!
rhetor4christ Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1329067882' post='2385935'] Considering the turns I've seen this thread taken, I've seen tamer boxing/MMA matches and hockey fights. It's getting to be like threads on Catholic Answers forums. [/quote] Oh we've asked him quite a few quality questions, but he hasn't responded much to them. c'est la vie
Amppax Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Maybe I'm just an optimist, but looking back to my first few weeks here, I remember being a lot like FP. And look how I've turned out!
Winchester Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1329061820' post='2385917'] FuturePriest387, at the very top of the board there is a drop down box that appears below your name. If you click on "My Settings" and then click on the "Ignore Preferences" tab, you can ignore Winchester, and never have to see his posts again. Believe it or not, he use to post a lot of great stuff. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know if he still does or not because I myself put him on [b]my[/b] ignore list like 4 years ago. [/quote] Standards for "great stuff" were lower, back then. There are actual theologians on this site, now.
arfink Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1329074301' post='2385967'] Standards for "great stuff" were lower, back then. There are actual theologians on this site, now. [/quote] Trufax.
Anomaly Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) ... Edited February 12, 2012 by Anomaly
Anomaly Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) [quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1328850167' post='2384714'] how does Matthew 26:50-54 work with all this? [sup]50[/sup] Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.†Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. [sup]51[/sup] With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. [sup]52[/sup] “Put your sword back in its place,†Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. [sup]53[/sup] Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? [sup]54[/sup] But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?†[/quote]Previous post was an oops. Mathew works when you realize Jesus had guys with swords in his possee, but chose not to utilize them in this specific instance. Edited February 12, 2012 by Anomaly
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1329040506' post='2385864'] Doesnt really leave you well equipped to deal with the real world though, sometimes. [/quote] I've seen plenty of losers from the public school who can't hold conversation. And I've noticed public schools are big on anti-bullying.....which means they have bullying problems.... Homeschoolers are much more likely able to hold conversation and are more socialized than their public school counterparts. They score higher on national tests too. Don't shoot down homeschooling....the public schools have bigger problems.
PhuturePriest Posted February 12, 2012 Author Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1329077412' post='2385979'] I've seen plenty of losers from the public school who can't hold conversation. And I've noticed public schools are big on anti-bullying.....which means they have bullying problems.... Homeschoolers are much more likely able to hold conversation and are more socialized than their public school counterparts. They score higher on national tests too. Don't shoot down homeschooling....the public schools have bigger problems. [/quote] Not to mention I've worked in a business as a cashier and waiter since I was around seven, so my social skills ar excellent. Time and again doing these things have shown me how bad public schooled kids are at communication. When I ask them what they would like, they're sometimes quiet and can't hold up a conversation. I find that most of the time I'm holding up the conversation, and I'm prone to stuttering if I'm nervous.
Lil Red Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1329076980' post='2385978'] Previous post was an oops. Mathew works when you realize Jesus had guys with swords in his possee, but chose not to utilize them in this specific instance. [/quote] well, when you consider Jesus had principalities of angels at his command, it makes Peter's sword look a little, umm, superfluous.
Amppax Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Summary of thread: Chuck Norris Huh? Chuck Norris Nu-uh CHUCK NORRIS!!! Winchester Interlude HOMESCHOOL DEBATE!
Anomaly Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329080557' post='2386009'] well, when you consider Jesus had principalities of angels at his command, it makes Peter's sword look a little, umm, superfluous. [/quote]God supposedly always had angels, and any one of them individually could make Chuck Norris cry like an third grade girl. Matthew does not mean that Jesus preached pascifism, and we aren't talking about Jesus needing protection. If Catholicism is about pascifism, then why does the Pope have Swiss Guard?
rhetor4christ Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 (edited) my best friend was homeschooled. he's so smrt (by way of faith, books, streets, and love). I went to a parochial school from grades 8-12, and a public school from kindergarten-7. I'm at a public school now, too. I miss Jesus being allowed in the classrooms in which I teach. Edited February 12, 2012 by rhetor4christ
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 my post didn't post, for the better i guess bcoz i have a biblical passage that wil possibly illuminate your plight future priest,that i read recently. 2 Timothy 4:1-3 (good news version) " In the Presence of God and of christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and because he is coming to rule as king, i solemnly urge you to preach the message, to insist upon proclaiming it (whether the time isright or not.), to convince,to reproach, and encourage as you teach with all patience." But understanding i guess that some are evangelical with the sanctity of there own life,prayer and loving God, but i do reccomend if you are evangelical with your voice in preaching the good news that you have these three attributes too. I guess some are quiet because they can't grasp as to the meaning of the holy word(yet) but still believe in God and the holy roman catholic church. Truely if there is a left and right wing of the church it is not conservative and liberal(which are political terms and not catholic terms as such.) the true left and right wing i believe is one is quiet the other is loud but the wings of the phoenix are held together by the body surely ie the pope,cardinals,bishops,priests and deacons. All i have said here are just musings and more than likely a poor example of what i truely believe in my heart. Onward christian souls. Jesus is LORD.
Maximilianus Posted February 13, 2012 Posted February 13, 2012 (edited) [color=#ffffff]nevermind,[/color] [color=#ffffff]this should annoy ampax[/color] Edited February 13, 2012 by Maximilianus
PhuturePriest Posted February 13, 2012 Author Posted February 13, 2012 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1329097355' post='2386136'] [color=#ffffff]nevermind,[/color] [color=#ffffff]this should annoy ampax[/color] [/quote] ????
Amppax Posted February 13, 2012 Posted February 13, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329111429' post='2386200'] ???? [/quote] !!!!
eagle_eye222001 Posted February 13, 2012 Posted February 13, 2012 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1329112299' post='2386206'] !!!! [/quote] .........
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now