An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World Is Full Of Sheep

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1329017514' post='2385723']
I am incredible. Thank you for noticing. If you weren't new to the site, you wouldn't be astounded. This is pretty much the quality of work I regularly visitate upon the interwebs.
[/quote]

Why do you have little respect? All your comments do is prove my point. Men need to man up, and being respectful of others' opinions, even when they're the dumbest thing you've ever heard, is part of being a man. Learn respect for others, and you'll gain both self-respect and others' respect.

rhetor4christ

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329017142' post='2385718']
All I'm asking for is mutual respect. I realize there's little of that in today's world, but being a Catholic puts you in a higher standard. I respect all of you, and I will treat you with respect. But if all I see is disrespect towards me I'm going to have a low opinion of this site and the people on it, and I'll see no reason to stay. Let's all be adults and treat each other with respect.
[/quote]

Adults? Kid, I have shoes older than you! ;)

rhetor4christ

But in all seriousness, I am one for equality in my house hold. And my significant other believes in this too :)
"God created the human being in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them." Genesis 1:27

Edited by rhetor4christ

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329018023' post='2385727']
Why do you have little respect? All your comments do is prove my point. Men need to man up, and being respectful of others' opinions, even when they're the dumbest thing you've ever heard, is part of being a man. Learn respect for others, and you'll gain both self-respect and others' respect.
[/quote]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9E5i7l-Eg[/media]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='rhetor4christ' timestamp='1329018120' post='2385728']

Adults? Kid, I have shoes older than you! ;)
[/quote]

I'm just under two and a half years from being a legal adult, but age doesn't matter. You can be ten and still act like an adult.

[quote]Why do you have little respect? All your comments do is prove my point. Men need to man up, and being respectful of others' opinions, even when they're the dumbest thing you've ever heard, is part of being a man. Learn respect for others, and you'll gain both self-respect and others' respect.[/quote]
[color=#282828] [/color]

Yeah Winchester, stop being such a pansy.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329018450' post='2385733']
I'm just under two and a half years from being a legal adult, but age doesn't matter. You can be ten and still act like an adult.
[/quote]

So what's your excuse? :P

All joking aside (and that's all I'm doing is joking with you), I agree with rhetor4christ (seeing as I am her boyfriend, and she mentioned me earlier). Some of the most manly men I know are stay at home dads, devout Catholics and amazing role models for their children and for others. Manliness doesn't depend on your machismo or how much hair you grow on your chest (or how thick it is) but how you lead, how you shepherd your own flock (your family) and how you stand in the gap when all others fail (Ezekiel 22:30).

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1329018701' post='2385736']

Yeah Winchester, stop being such a pansy.
[/quote]Friends are like flowers.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1329018764' post='2385739']
Friends are like flowers.
[/quote]

I'm on my way to find a friend

And I may not pass this way again

So let's go climb the mountains mister

Let's go pick the flowers sister

Come along stranger, come along friend

I may not pass this way again

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1329018820' post='2385740']
I'm on my way to find a friend

And I may not pass this way again

So let's go climb the mountains mister

Let's go pick the flowers sister

Come along stranger, come along friend

I may not pass this way again
[/quote]
I can't quit you, Selah!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329018023' post='2385727']
[/quote]
Well I lold.
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329018450' post='2385733']
[/quote]
Show me a 10-year-old who acts like an adult and I'll show you a 30 year old with a pituitary disorder.

For what it's worth, the vast majority (I'd say 90%+) of 18 year olds do not act like adults. Most 20 years olds, at least most that I know (myself included) don't act like adults. I think it's hard to truly act like an adult until you and you alone have had the responsibility of finding a way to put a roof over your head and food in your belly.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1329018906' post='2385744']
I can't quit you, Selah!
[/quote]

So that's a no to picking flowers then?

[quote]For what it's worth, the vast majority (I'd say 90%+) of 18 year olds do not act like adults. Most 20 years olds, at least most that I know (myself included) don't act like adults. I think it's hard to truly act like an adult until you and you alone have had the responsibility of finding a way to put a roof over your head and food in your belly. [/quote]

Throw 'em in the woods for two months. Oh, believe me, they will grow up, whether they want to or not.

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1329019075' post='2385747']Throw 'em in the woods for two months. Oh, believe me, they will grow up, whether they want to or not.
[/quote]
That would fall under the roof/belly hypothesis. :|