An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World Is Full Of Sheep

PhuturePriest

[quote name='rhetor4christ' timestamp='1329021545' post='2385772']
Yeah, okay.

But the real question is: What kind of bear is best?
[/quote]

That's an absurd question

PhuturePriest

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1329021638' post='2385773']
At the risk of making you flame out, I'd like to make a suggestion for you.

Please accept that for most of us, the internet is not a place where you should attempt to take other people's comments at face value, or to take anything personally. ANYTHING AT ALL. I have been using the internet since I was 10, and it became painfully apparent to me after I took one too many comments made online personally that it's something you just shouldn't do. The internet allows people to press "POST" way faster than they can usually consider their responses. Also, without the indicators of face-to-face communication it's difficult to tell if someone is merely joking or if they are deadly serious, so just be aware that this will increase the likelihood that your emotional state may be mirrored in the responses of others whether they intended this or not.

Sure it's rude and incautious and problematic, but it's also incredibly common. Most people do not do this on purpose and generally do not intend you harm or disrespect.
[/quote]

I can accept that most are joking, and indeed, it is not good to take someone online too seriously without knowing if they're serious or not. However, Winchester's behavior is unacceptable. He deliberately disrespected me and my wishes, and I am not someone that takes disrespect well. I'm a laid-back and sarcastic guy, and I'm known to have a sly sense of humor, but that stops when the respect stops. I was brought up to look respectful and act respectful. Respect has been drilled into me since I was four, as stated earlier.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1329026512' post='2385826']
OK, now for a supplemental lesson on trolls. Trolls will try to make you mad because they think it's fun. Some people do this unintentionally. Some do it on purpose. I do not know if Winchester is doing this on purpose, but his comments would fall under the caatgory of "trolling" IMO. I can respect people like you, who believe that respect is a two way street and who can get justifiably annoyed when that it broken, but for a troll, that's just an invitation to attack. Life is full of sarcastic, cynical, and playful people who love to feed on the overly serious.

Or as we say on the intertubes: TROLOLOLOLOL
[/quote]

It never occurred to me that he was trolling. I knew what he was doing, I just never label it as trolling. I label it as disrespectful behavior that makes the person worthy of a good summer at boot camp. Or we can go the route of that Saintly dad that shot his daughter's laptop. I almost stood up and cheered when he did that...

An excerpt from the Rules of the Internet:
[indent]
11.All your carefully picked arguments can easily be ignored.
12.Anything you say can and will be used against you.
13.Anything you say can be turned into something else – fixed.
14.Do not argue with trolls – it means that they win.
15.The harder you try the harder you will fail.[/indent]
Rules 11-15 describe exactly what one can expect when confronting a troll.[indent]
18.Everything that can be labeled can be hated.
19.The more you hate it the stronger it gets.[/indent]
Rules 18 and 19 reinforce the presence of trolls and the nihilism behind the trolling behavior.[indent]
Rule 20. Nothing is to be taken seriously![/indent]
Rule 20 is perhaps the most important rule of all and best defense against trolls.[indent]
39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR razzle dazzle[/indent]
Rule 39 is an example of some good-natured trolling. The annoyance caused by CAPSLOCK is widely recognized, so to say that it is “cruise control for cool” is one of the few instances that sarcasm is able to carry over to text without much effort.

1, The world is full of sheep. We know. That's not news to anyone over 15.

2. God also knows the world is full of sheep. That's why he sent the Good Shepherd.

3. Since your name is Future Priest, I assume you want to become a priest. You gonna bill yourself as Fr. Glock? Or are you going to shepherd God's sheep, just like Jesus did?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329020617' post='2385766']
This is not for mindless chatter. If you want to do that, go to the chat. I am one more disrespectful post away from blocking all of you (Except the ones that have clarified their behavior). You need to understand I have done Karate since I was four, and my grandmaster is a Vietnam veteran. He drilled discipline and respect in places I didn't think they could fit inside of me. He yelled all the time, and every mistake you made was pointed out to you. He didn't care that I was so young. I was a student, and he expected the same maturity, respect, and discipline that everyone else was to give. If you disrespect him, you won't forget it. That's why I am growing tired quickly of this.

And no, I'm not bragging. I'm simply explaining myself.
[/quote]

Let me be as kind as i possibly can... Is this your first time on the internet? Did you attend public school?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1329031813' post='2385853']
Let me be as kind as i possibly can... Is this your first time on the internet? Did you attend public school?
[/quote]

This is not my first time on the internet. I don't care for trolling, and I never will care for it. It's disrespectful and immature. Also, I have been home schooled my entire life. It's a way better alternative to public school.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329025486' post='2385816']
Respect has been drilled into me since I was four, as stated earlier.
[/quote]
Well, except for those sheep. Them, it's perfectly acceptable to insult.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1329040506' post='2385864']
Doesnt really leave you well equipped to deal with the real world though, sometimes.
[/quote]
I've had a terrible thought for a page or so: What if this is a counter troll? We'd have to build this kid a cake, or something.

1. Respect is earned
2. Winchester is just crazy
3. You have a lot to learn
4. God loves you

Edited by Selah

Archaeology cat

[quote name='rhetor4christ' timestamp='1329019506' post='2385756']

You'd be fine. You have bow hunting skills and nunchuck skills. PLUS! You are prepared to defend yourself with the STRENGTH of a grizzly, the reflexes of a PUMA, and the wisdom of a man. And you're like one of the only guys I know of who can grow a mustache.

WINNING.
[/quote]Win

Welcome to Phatmass, FuturePriest387!

Going by your handle and your age, am I correct in assuming that you are currently in Minor Seminary?