An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Quest!- Commentary Thread

PhuturePriest

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

MIKolbe being stuck in a difficult situation sits down and prepares to consecrate himself to Mary in order that he might better discern the next step.

more of a fan of the funk.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBx6mAWYPU[/url]

brianthephysicist

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1335334013' post='2423090']
1: Go to the computer and use the TIME command to find out what the date and time are. They probably won't help terribly much right now, but I have a feeling it might be useful later (if not also doubling as an easter egg for a hidden function, because come-on, who would hide something important in the date and time function of a computer???)

2: As silly as it might sound, I honestly do like table's idea on post #61 about strip searching himself to look for clues.

I suggest doing both of these things before proceeding any further, whether my idea or continuing with the starcharts and lasers. I see a lot of potential with the starcharts and lasers, but it seems too obvious to me. If you don't end up using any of these, I'll try it out.

3: Since the floor is greasy, it may be easy to set on fire. This can 1 bring attention to himself through smoke and possibly alarms and 2 may burn down one or more of the walls (but probably not the floor because it feels like stone), but it does come with the risk of burning himself alive and/or burning away all of the available oxygen causing him to suffocate.

No guts, no glory!

MIKolbe unplugs the computer from the wall and proceeds to unwrap the power cord to separate the positive and negative wires. Plugging the cord back into the wall, he can now use the arc between the two wires to ignite the grease on the floor = FIRE!!!!!!!!

Now that there is a fire on the floor, he runs back into the cryo chamber where the floor is not greasy and will not be set aflame.

Another variant on this (but extremely doubtful over time to achieve it) is to set the fire, then McGyver the cord back together, start the computer, run the CRYO command and then run into the cryo chamber, hopefully all of this is done 1 before the fire kills him and 2 before the door closes and locks him into the room with the fire.
[/quote]
Idea 1 I'm completely serious about. [i]Please[/i] use the TIME command on the computer.

Idea 2 probably won't help at all but I felt that it needed to be repeated.

Idea 3 was me going for gold, just for fun.

If you don't like any of my ideas, Chrys has 3 legitimately good ones

[quote name='Chrysophylax' timestamp='1335330328' post='2423086']
I think MIkolbe should run the CRYO.CFG to see what it does. And tell the computer to set destination: HOME.
And maybe pull the fire alarm, just in case.
[/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335369409' post='2423186']
Did he read ALL the files yet?
[/quote]
As far as I've been able to follow, he hasn't read the sammichrecipe file (which may be important) or used cryo.cfg. He also hasn't used all of the commands in the computer such as the TIME command or writing new files or sending files to another location (which doesn't seem useful now, but may come in very handy later).

BTW this is now rivaling for my fave thread on phatmass

MIKolbe, don't cry... you might short out the computer or keypad. Use your rosary.

Pray to ARFink to intercede for you...

agreed we are not too bright, ARFink....

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1335361372' post='2423137']
Feeling his rage building, Mikolbe goes super saiyan, charges up his Kamehameha to OVER 9000 and proceeds to hit the keypad IN ITS FACE!!!

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SYUs9kK1Sy8/T5f-8GedfqI/AAAAAAAABis/QpEnU3M_F9A/s800/quest15.png[/img]

THEY KEYPAD IS UTTERLY DESTROYED!

[/quote]

You see, this is why we cant have nice things.

TheresaThoma

ok so we got some sort of navigation system with the star chart. I would say tell it; Milky Way galaxy, Orion arm, Gould belt, solar system, Earth. (For reference [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_location_in_the_universe[/url] )

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1335400233' post='2423424']
MIKolbe, don't cry... you might short out the computer or keypad. Use your rosary.

Pray to ARFink to intercede for you...

agreed we are not too bright, ARFink....
[/quote]

If you keep telling yourselves that you are stupid then you'll act like it. I do agree I could be doing more to make this accessible for you guys, and I'll keep at it. :)

OK... ARFink tells us we are brighter than we feel.... and that we have to keep at it. Sounds like good advise from a Good spirit.

ARFink has not responded to my suggestions about using the red box as a 'break glass to open door' option, so I must be on the wrong track.

ARFink say sMIKolbe hasn't destroyed the keypad... "THEY KEYPAD IS UTTERLY DESTROYEDJust kidding, that would be a horrible idea.".

OK if it is a bad idea, then the keypad is important, and it is NOT destroyed. But how to access it?

I just dunno, guys... anyone else have better ideas? If I cry, it won't affect the keypad or the computer.... :cry:

:pray: Please more hints?

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1335425625' post='2423528']
OK... ARFink tells us we are brighter than we feel.... and that we have to keep at it. Sounds like good advise from a Good spirit.

ARFink has not responded to my suggestions about using the red box as a 'break glass to open door' option, so I must be on the wrong track.

ARFink say sMIKolbe hasn't destroyed the keypad... "THEY KEYPAD IS UTTERLY DESTROYEDJust kidding, that would be a horrible idea.".

OK if it is a bad idea, then the keypad is important, and it is NOT destroyed. But how to access it?

I just dunno, guys... anyone else have better ideas? If I cry, it won't affect the keypad or the computer.... :cry:

:pray: Please more hints?
[/quote]

OK, I got to read everything and then pick one to draw. :)