An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Quest!- Commentary Thread

PhuturePriest

ARFink, it is just not FAIR that you are going to work and leaving us (and MIKolbe) alone and lost in space.....

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1335309954' post='2422926']
ARFink, it is just not FAIR that you are going to work and leaving us (and MIKolbe) alone and lost in space.....
[/quote]

Well sorry...

Once I have my laser cutter you can all buy things from me so I don't have to slave away at the bakery and can spend more time drawing pictures for you. Sheesh. :)

Anyhow, I need to think about the next step here.

We love you ARFink! Go laser man go!!!! [img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll37/SpazzMonkey28/taco.gif[/img]

Edited by AnneLine

I'd swear too if I had to get that right.... nice drawing.

hmmm.. looks like a laser light and a fire emergency box... but I could be wrong.

I have NO idea what to do next.. and I don't know what the greasy stove clue would mean.

What can the rest of you come up with....?

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1335321579' post='2423033']
I'd swear too if I had to get that right.... nice drawing.

hmmm.. looks like a laser light and a fire emergency box... but I could be wrong.

I have NO idea what to do next.. and I don't know what the greasy stove clue would mean.

What can the rest of you come up with....?
[/quote]

Time to think creatively and experiment people. I have devised at least 3 ways for him to get out of the room. and an unexpected suggestion may open up more. Keep playing! :)

EDIT: Review the previous updates. You guys missed a lot of clues.

Edited by arfink

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

and if that doesn't work type 'SEARCH GALATIANS' coz Galatians sounds kind of like Galactic, there may be a code in the book of galatians.

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335323556' post='2423042']
GOTO COMPUTER AND TYPE 'SEARCH CAMERA' and see what the camera has seen.
[/quote]
[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1335323829' post='2423044']
and if that doesn't work type 'SEARCH GALATIANS' coz Galatians sounds kind of like Galactic, there may be a code in the book of galatians.
[/quote]

I would like to point out that Mikolbe has already done a so-called "wildcard" search on the computer. From the earliest days of VMS, Unix, and DOS, you could use an asterisk sign to denote a "wildcard" in a file name. So searching for "cows*.txt" would turn up all files that started with "cows" and ended with ".txt"

So you could get cowsgomoo.txt and cows1234.txt etc.

Mikolbe did a search for "*.*" This is the ultimate wildcard. It would return EVERY SINGLE FILE on the computer. Modern file search algorithms continue to use this wildcard syntax. Windows, Macs, and Linux machines. Even Google search can parse asterisk wildcards last time I checked.

EDIT: This is a mega huge super duper hint.

Edited by arfink

To everyone who has suggested to type in random numbers: pretend Mikolbe has already tried them all. Try a different approach.

TheresaThoma

Ok I'm thinking go back to the computer run the star chart program. I mean he can see out so with some star charts he might be able to figure out where he is.

Edited by TheresaThoma

cmotherofpirl

I can think of several possible number combinations, but I would start with 911 :)

does the gravity feel any different?

does sys.config work on this computer?

Any reason your constellation outside the window is Orion?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1335327320' post='2423061']
I can think of several possible number combinations, but I would start with 911 :)

does the gravity feel any different?

does sys.config work on this computer?

Any reason your constellation outside the window is Orion?
[/quote]

1) Please stop guessing numbers people. You will find the combination you need. Trust me. Keep looking.

2) Gravity is seemingly normal, otherwise I think Mikol would have mentioned it.

3) Any resemblance to Orion is coincidental, since I sprayed those white dots very randomly without even looking closely at them. :)

EDIT: 2.5) The wildcard search did not reveal a sys.config, did it? (Read my previous posts, please.)

EDIT 2: I realize I have been getting pretty lazy even by 4chan standards with this thing. Bear with me, I'm trying to puzzle out how to help you guys figure it out instead of just giving you too many non-visual clues.

Edited by arfink

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1335327596' post='2423062']
1) Please stop guessing numbers people. You will find the combination you need. Trust me. Keep looking.

2) Gravity is seemingly normal, otherwise I think Mikol would have mentioned it.

3) Any resemblance to Orion is coincidental, since I sprayed those white dots very randomly without even looking closely at them. :)

EDIT: 2.5) The wildcard search did not reveal a sys.config, did it? (Read my previous posts, please.)

EDIT 2: I realize I have been getting pretty lazy even by 4chan standards with this thing. Bear with me, I'm trying to puzzle out how to help you guys figure it out instead of just giving you too many non-visual clues.
[/quote]

those were not guesses, there were Mikolbe, Phatmass and Sheay in number form :)