An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions About Catholics Smoking Marijuana

Gabriela

Being in a car, speeding or not, is probably the most dangerous thing most of us do on a regular basis. In 2009 there were 10.8 million motor vehicle collisions with around 33,000 fatalities. (http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1103.pdf). Every time you get into your car you are putting your life at risk. How can you justify driving unless it is critically important?

Well I guess considering marijuana hasnt killed anyone ever...then its probably not as bad as speeding. 

Nola Seminarian

I like to put it in the same category as "would I be proud to tell my maw maw, paw paw, Momma and daddy I did that."

"Hey maw-maw, I just got done smoking a bunch of ganja."...yeah not so much.

Nihil Obstat

I like to put it in the same category as "would I be proud to tell my maw maw, paw paw, Momma and daddy I did that."

"Hey maw-maw, I just got done smoking a bunch of ganja."...yeah not so much.

Is that not just because of cultural conditioning?

I just like how this was moved to the debate table before one reply . . . and three pages in it's one of the tamer "debates" I've witnessed on the internets.

Yes, eating Big Macs is probably a sin. If you knowingly cause harm to your body it is a sin. 

Ok, have fun with your vegan diet and b12 supplements.  

Being in a car, speeding or not, is probably the most dangerous thing most of us do on a regular basis. In 2009 there were 10.8 million motor vehicle collisions with around 33,000 fatalities. (http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1103.pdf). Every time you get into your car you are putting your life at risk. How can you justify driving unless it is critically important?

Might wish to investigate a little more. Statistics are the results of decisions and circumstances.

Semper Catholic

My Cousin overdosed on a deadly combination of Marijuana and Protein powder. He was such a good kid, never thought he would turn to backalley drugs and steroids.

Nihil Obstat

He probably took more than three. Everyone knows you should never take more than three whole marijuanas.