An Old School Catholic Message Board

Advent To Candlemas Reading Competition (2013-2014)

AnneLine

Merry Christmas to all!!!!   THANK you to all Christmas Readers... and to those who give gifts of books for Christmas!!!!!

Will do a count just after midnight here in California... we may need to adjust it for anyone celebrating later... you have till Midnight your time to get in your Christmas mini-challenge reading numbers.... Go for it, Carter!!!!!

Oh... and got a bit sidetracked... keep meaning to document that I re-read Edwardian Farm -- 288 pages!

That and the videos are.... BRILLIANT!!!!!

448_edwardianfarm.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

Well.... hey, I'm flexible... but I wanna push us, too!   We are easily within 20,000 to 25,000 for midnight on Christmas.... and I'd love to see 30,000 or 35,000 by Epiphany, myself!

Maybe 32,014 for New Year's?   Huh?   What do  you all think?  Can we DO IT????

A special gift for Mary, Mother of God?

Edited by AnneLine

Well right now we are sitting at just over 25,000 (by my count we will have to wait for the llama's monkeys to make the official count) I think that we could easily hit 30,000 by Epiphany and 32014 for New Years!!!

Well, here I am cross-eyed to add Enduring Grace:  Living Portraits of Seven Women Mystics by Carol Flinders, 276 pages.  Really enjoyed it, though.  She used quite a lot of primary sources and made me want to (at some future time) actually read Clare, Mechtild,Julian, the Catherines (of Siena and Genoa), Teresa of Avila, and Therese Little Flower.  

seeee... mini goals work!!!!  :)    :bible:

Yes, we can do this.  Do you think... might we be able to do something crazy like 100,000 by Candlemas?

Can we?    It's wild, but could we try????

Also -- all of the books in my apartment have been embossed. Must get more. :evil:

That means that you will have to read some more!

The Benedict book is coming along (as well as my quilt) I'm about halfway through right now. Very interesting. Lots of stuff to ponder

Hey... I got a great idea for you, DTA!!!!  You should ask ARFink to emboss your computer or ipad case (or whatever it is you read your books on) with your bookplate!    Once his equipment is up and running again (see his random thread for details) I bet he'd be open to giving it a tattoo!   I know he has done computer cases, and Gameboy covers..... what a fun thing to have your equipment BOOKPLATED!!!!!!

Just finished The Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson. (Christmas gift) 330 pgs.

And The Last Crusader is coming along well, but I have not finished yet. I read another book tonight too, but I will post it tomorrow because I don't want to go get it right now. :P

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Well.... I will wait for Chryso to give us her Christmas night reading and then I will give us our total for the 25th!!!!  If anyone else has reading that was completed before midnight where they were, put it in the box before 12 noon Pacific Time on 12/26 and I'll include it in that stat...

Blessed St. Stephen's day, everyone!!!!!