An Old School Catholic Message Board

Advent To Candlemas Reading Competition (2013-2014)

AnneLine

I'm almost done with Walking with Mary. I might find something else to read tonight as well. I certainly have enough books...

YAAAAAAY!    Let's all keep going... we will have such a nice surprise for Baby Jesus when he wakes up and hears us READING to Him!!!!!!!!!!   And I bet Mary and Joseph and the Kings and the Shepherds would love it if we read to them as well!!!!!!

Ah! I feel so bad! I'm done with school and I still don't have time for reading! I haven't been to the library recently, and I have things that are two weeks overdue! (Actually, I have been making a little bit of progress on my challenging book, though.)

Chryso, don't feel badly.  NONE of us are doing anywhere near as much reading as last summer.  Even DTA and Carter are off their 'feed'... (although DTA is chomping away relentlessly.... and Carter has said she is getting In This House of Brede for Christmas -- and probably will have it read before Sunrise if I know her...).   We're just doing what we can.  'Tis that time of year!!!

BUT in the days after Christmas... everyone can use some :bible: during the holidays, especially those of us who are happy introverts!

In case I don't 'see' the rest of you before Christmas, pray hard, eat enough but not too much, and give the Baby Jesus a kiss for me.  AND... don't forget to read to Him!!!  Maybe one of us will get to read Him his first Book.  I have 'Pat the Bunny' ready and waiting!!!!

He is coming..... and we will be there to greet Him, books in hand!

Edited by AnneLine

Finished:

Breathing Space:  A Spiritual Journey in the South Bronx, by Heidi Neumark, 275 pages.

Five Lessons from the Carmelite Saints that will Change Your Life, by Connie Rossini, 19 pages.

St. Thomas is still stuck in Atlanta, I guess.  He did not arrive with the mail.  I am still reading Dumb Ox.

Maybe St. Thomas is having some fun?

Snow-Friar-766734.jpg

Or playing in the snow with a friend?

Garden-Ursus-785214.jpg

Or helping the above friend with his kitchen duties?

4542360509_bfd5821fdc.jpg

There are SOOO many ways to Preach the Good News!!!!

Chef+Ursus.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

We can certainly try to get this done by midnight Dec 25!!!!!

Finished - Stephen White, Blinded, 513 pages!!!

Now reading... Stephen White, Dead Time (512 pages)

and Perfect Joy of St. Francis, Timmermans (280 pages)

Edited by AnneLine

I finished Before I Go To Sleep last night - 372 pages

It's an excellent book, I thoroughly recommend it. Very unpredictable - you know how it'll end only when you get to read the ending!

We have read another 5,688 pages since last count, which leaves us at.... 23,539 documented pages at this moment.

We can do this!   it's only another 1461 to go !!!!!!!    Come on everyone     MUSH with those reindeer!!!!!   :bible: :bible: :bible: