An Old School Catholic Message Board

Advent To Candlemas Reading Competition (2013-2014)

AnneLine

Just finished Dumb Ox by Chesterton.  It was a pretty slow go and I had to stop and think a lot, but I loved it.  It was a challenge book.  92 pages x 2.

Still working on it. Can I put it as my challenge book instead of The Diary of St Faustinia? 

And I believe the page count is 400 pages (for when I finish it)

Sure, you can move Pope Bene's book up in the line and give him Challenge status.   Are you saying that his book on tape is 400 pages, or St. Faustina's diary (I know that one is HUGE!)

Blessed Christmas to all of you... trying to get both the Francis and Blinded finished by Midnight on Christmas... we will see.....  Spent 2 hours reading while I stood in line for focaccia this morning.... much to the jealous amusement of my fellow standees.....  :)  :bible:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/06/daily-slice-pizza-focaccia-at-liguria-bakery-san-francisco.html

focacciaplain.jpg

Edited by AnneLine

For Christmas, my parents sent me an embosser that stamps "Library of Deus_te_Amat" onto paper. Good thing they also sent me several large rectangular bundles of paper to practice on.

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

Merry Christmas to all!

Yes, you CAN count books on tape!  Just find the book that was recorded on Amazon and count the pages!  :)

Obviously, if it is a summary of the book (some audio editions are like that) you need to give a more-or-less realistic count....

Still 22 hours to read for my part of the world!  But first... SLEEP!!!!!

Well... now down to 21 hours, and I am wide awake.  Sigh.

I think a snack, a little reading, a prayer for all of you, and then I will sleep.

May the Virgin and her loving Child bless you!

Stayed up after Mass (went to the early one) and re-red A Right to be Merry by Mother Mary Francis.  I love this book and it was just the right thing for Christmas. 229 pages.  

finished my challenge book

Rise Let Us be On Our Way JPII - 240*2=480 pages!!!

I am getting the House of Brede (my new challenge book) in less than 2 hours!!! :dance4: :dance5: :dance3: :dance: :dance2: :dance5:

Edited by cartermia